Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Just wondering..... Do you appreciate all the sales jargon on websites??  (Read 4680 times)

Offline accom5

• Trekkie
    • Accomplished Results
Hey Guys, i'm  just after some feedback here. Wondering if you guys feel the same (or not) as me when it comes to sales jargon (copy) on websites (you know the endless pages of repetitive drivel).

I'm in the business marketing industry and i have had enough of all the crap out there (such as the Jargon..) that is used to manipulate people into a sale, i'm also talking about the opt in enticers for more sales etc.., viral marketing , butterfly marketing techniques.... (it goes on and on)

What are your opinions??? I'm putting my first site together at the moment, and sure i'm going to be selling products etc.. but i do not want or wish to push  those manipulating tactics on you guys, my fellow man!!

Maybe we can even keep a running tally! Let me know what you think!!!   :happy: :happy: :happy:
Warmest regards,

Michael Dashwood
Business Marketing Coach

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
I would say most people need to find a good balance between sales talk and just laying out the facts about whatever service that they produce out there. 
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline robert.webb

• Trekkie
I think it really says alot when I see a site that doesnt have the same cookie cutter bullet points..  I love to see a site, where it feels like the seller is actually talking directly to you, and not just hiding behind the "jargon" as you said.

Offline wektech

• Master Jedi
    • Yuma Arizona Information
Lets face it, if you want to have any sort decent indexing results, your site will have to encompass a certain amount of jargon. Jargon is often used by searchers and you do not want to exclude a percentage of your target audience because they search using jargon terms.

Offline robert.webb

• Trekkie
Lets face it, if you want to have any sort decent indexing results, your site will have to encompass a certain amount of jargon. Jargon is often used by searchers and you do not want to exclude a percentage of your target audience because they search using jargon terms.

That is a very good point.  You definately dont want to cut your self short on the search results.  Have to find a happy medium I guess.

Offline TranzNDance

• Princess of Naboo
  • Berserker Poster
    • Thu Tu's Blog
I guess I haven't thought of it so I don't really mind it.

What did bother me and turned me off from a store's site was that they used it as a political soapbox, complete with pictures of dead children. I didn't care that my friend recommended the store to me. I thought that was inappropriate.
:whip: :love: :whip: :love: :whip: :love: