Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: SQL server databases repeatedly down for hours  (Read 1711 times)

Offline paulg

SQL server databases repeatedly down for hours
« on: May 21, 2007, 09:16:02 AM »
Hi, I'm on the Windows hosting plan, and once again, the Lunarpages SQL server database is down. I've seen other posts in the forums about this, but the problem keeps happening.  So far, it's been 7 hours this morning, and the database is still down. Why does the SQL server at Lunarpages keep going down, and why does the problem continue for hours? Why do you not have monitoring in place to detect and fix this? This has happened to me on 3 separate occasions, and each time it is the same, I report the problem, it takes hours for a response, and there is no explanation as to what happened or why. Please provide an explanation here.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: SQL server databases repeatedly down for hours
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 09:20:29 AM »
Hello, could you give us the URL of your Web site and the server name that you are on?  Thanks!  Get that to us and we will look into this for you.
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline zeke

• http://tsqm.us
Re: SQL server databases repeatedly down for hours
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 09:37:28 AM »
 :-?
Does Lunarpages keep the SQL databases on a separate server from the WSS 3.0?