Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Connection  (Read 1967 times)

Offline vijaysingh

• Space Explorer
Connection
« on: January 21, 2007, 10:54:58 PM »
I am getting this error message frequently on my website.. www.steelbazar.com on both admin and user side

Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

Offline Mitch

• Berserker Poster
    • MitchKeeler.com
Re: Connection
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 04:42:19 AM »
Hello.  I just visited your Web site with no problem - so this one might be a little harder that most to troubleshoot.  Try to see if you can come up with a pattern or a time of the day that it happens to you the most, and then drop an E-mail to the folks at support@lunarpages.com with your data.  I am sure they could help you figure out what is going on.  Thanks!
New to Web Site Hosting? Check Out the Lunarpages Blog Hosting Guide!

Follow us @lunarpages on Twitter!
Important Threads: Read This Before Posting! | Lunarforums Rules! | Mitch's Link of the Day!
Also, be sure to check out and subscribe to the Lunartics Blog and the Lunarpages Newsletter !

Need Web Hosting Help? Check out the Lunarpages Web Hosting Wiki. It has tons of tips, tutorials and resources!

Offline Jits

• Trekkie
  • Playing the waiting game...
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 05:34:12 AM »
Hi,

Make sure you close connections to the DB within your code (especially DataReaders, using reader.Close() or similar). This is a very common problem  :D

Jits

Offline manueltrongone

• Space Explorer
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 04:49:09 PM »
Hi vijaysingh,

Maybe you've already resolved the issue.
Anyway,ensure that you're running your website on a dedicated application pool (you can check it trough your plesk control panel or opening a new ticket in the windows queue).
And ensure that you're not exceeding your limits (bandwidth/HD space).

This could help you in troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks
Manuel