Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: CommunityServer 2.1??  (Read 2228 times)

Offline artbinh25

CommunityServer 2.1??
« on: January 18, 2007, 03:21:20 PM »
Are there any plans for lunar's Windows hosting to offer CommunityServer 2.1?  I currently only have access to CommunityServer 1.1 

Offline tarheit

• Galactic Royalty
    • Honey Run Apiaires
Re: CommunityServer 2.1??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 05:13:29 PM »
I don't think there is any reason why you couldn't get it and install it on your account: http://communityserver.org/

-Tim

Offline mikemo

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »
i'm running 2.1 right now.  there's a web install that worked fine for me.

Offline NakedJim

• Trekkie
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 08:50:29 AM »
What permission settings did you use on the Web Folder and o/s folders (i.e. blogs, photos, etc)? I have 2.1 installed, but get permissions errors with the photo portion. Even importing photos that already exist on the drive does not seem to work. Hopefully it's something I have set wrong somewhere.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline NakedJim

• Trekkie
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 02:07:07 PM »
I believe I discovered where I was going wrong with the permissions. If anyone knows if I'm wrong here, please correct me. It looks like the IWPD account should be used to set full permissions on the directories outlined in the CS docs in place of where it mentions the network service account.

Does anyone have an exact definition of the IWPD account? I'm making an assumption that this is the proxy account used for the web application that is running on the server. IIRC the IUSR account is used for the actual anonymous web connection.

Jim

Offline mikemo

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 06:46:54 PM »
What permission settings did you use on the Web Folder and o/s folders (i.e. blogs, photos, etc)? I have 2.1 installed, but get permissions errors with the photo portion. Even importing photos that already exist on the drive does not seem to work. Hopefully it's something I have set wrong somewhere.

Thanks,
Jim

I don't use the Photos component of CS so i'm not sure -- i only use it for the forums. 

one thing i'd like to solve myself is why CS is so ridiculously slow for my instance of it.  whether i'm logging or just posting a message on the forum the response time for any postback takes 10-20 seconds each and every time.  i've only got a handful of users so i haven't bothered to mess with it further but something has to give...

Offline DerekS

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 08:13:35 PM »
Hello,

On the question earlier, I have personally not heard of any plans to start offering CS on our plans as an easy install. I will ask for you tommorrow when I get to work tho.

You might also try emailing feedback -at- lunarpages -dot- com and suggesting it.

Sorry it took so long for us to reply on the question. Have a great night.
Kind Regards,
 Derek Stringer

Offline DerekS

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 08:10:38 AM »
'Ello,

I just talked to my mentor this morning, sorry for the delay in responding.

It depends on Plesk. We install what they provide, if they were to add CS to their installation, then we would support it.

So, you would infact need to ask Plesk to start providing the script.

I hope this helps, and have a great weekend!
Kind Regards,
 Derek Stringer