Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Harry Potter Fansite - SeriousPotter.com  (Read 22066 times)

Danielle

Re: Harry Potter Fansite - SeriousPotter.com
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »
Where are those pics of the Snape teddy bear, Tiara :PPP We are still waiting for them haha

Oh, I've added some more posts on the forum, although I am wondering now if I should have gone with SMF instead of Vanilla due to the slight authentication issues happening on the Vanilla forum...

If anyone has suggestions for content on the site, please let me know. I still have to work on graphics changes to it (I didn't realize the changed header looked so bad in IE due to being a PNG and IE's crummy handling of those...)

Offline Tiara

• MR-Disabled
  • Intergalactic Superstar
  • growing up is overrated <3
    • Me & Mildred Against the World: Let's Start a Revolution!
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 09:22:56 AM »
lol I'll email my sis tonight and see if she wants to take some snapshots (she's back in Missouri, ready to fly back to London for school) and send them to me to upload.  :happy:

He's rather pudgy...so I've been calling him Surly Snape. rofl.

I love your site but I had issues logging in earlier this week. *pouts* I've actually got some input for you so once I get a moment and can login again, be prepared.   :thumb:
Last night, Darth Vader came down from the planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine to the dance, he'd melt my brain.
[/i]

Digg these guys, yo:

Best Web Hosting EVER.
That Damn Blog
Me and my muses...someday
Me & Mildred Against the World: Let's Start a Revolution

Danielle

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 10:31:49 PM »
So I gave up on Vanilla forum and switched to SMF one, so the authentication stuff shouldn't be an issue now Tiara or anyone else.  Please let me know if you do still have any troubles with it though.

The new link is http://seriouspotter.com/smf although I've symlinked http://seriouspotter.com/vanilla to go to the smf folder as well.

I'll have to change the theme to make it match better here soon as it doesn't match my site at all.

Of course, now SMF has some css entry affecting the Joomla fonts on the main site (they are way bigger than I want them to be now).  I've searched through the css files to figure out what and can't find the entry doing it. I'll get that fixed this weekend when I have more time. Nothing can ever be easy and just work right off the bat  duh
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:33:38 PM by Danielle »

Offline Tiara

• MR-Disabled
  • Intergalactic Superstar
  • growing up is overrated <3
    • Me & Mildred Against the World: Let's Start a Revolution!
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 04:59:36 PM »
Maybe Severus sent a curse your way because you asked to see Surly Snapebear.  :D
Last night, Darth Vader came down from the planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine to the dance, he'd melt my brain.
[/i]

Digg these guys, yo:

Best Web Hosting EVER.
That Damn Blog
Me and my muses...someday
Me & Mildred Against the World: Let's Start a Revolution

leighsww

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2007, 05:02:44 PM »
I'll post soon, still reading it in bits and pieces.

Hmmmm, jflattery is sure taking a long time reading that there essay of Dani's:)

You see, Dani, you should have taken lessons from Katrina in keeping your essay to just 2 dang sentences!!  :razz:

Danielle

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2007, 10:23:36 PM »
Maybe Severus sent a curse your way because you asked to see Surly Snapebear.  :D

You might have a point there haha

Also, he may not appreciate my other article noting he'll likely snuff it in book 7...  :help:

I'll post soon, still reading it in bits and pieces.

Hmmmm, jflattery is sure taking a long time reading that there essay of Dani's:)

You see, Dani, you should have taken lessons from Katrina in keeping your essay to just 2 dang sentences!!  :razz:

I couldn't have done a very proficient debate with 2 sentences (and have quotes)

Even if no-one but me and you read the whole thing, Leigh, that's fine. I'll have obtained my goal of getting you to read everything I put onto all my sites :poke:

Offline jflattery

• Intergalactic Cowboy
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2007, 07:50:11 PM »
Love the article, I just hadn't got that far in the books and had to catch up, I wasnt sure about Snape whether he was good or bad, I had to check with my wife the HP expert. I'll check my London sets to see if I have a picture of him from the premiers, well written essay though, definitely food for thought. :hiya:

Danielle

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2007, 11:39:35 PM »
Thanks a lot jflattery on the compliments  :smiling:

So you attended the London premier for one of the films? That's pretty cool :D

Offline jflattery

• Intergalactic Cowboy
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2007, 08:27:37 AM »
went to the London Premier for chamber of secrets, and New York for Goblet of fire.

Danielle

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2007, 08:35:07 AM »
I'd definitely love to see the pictures for that :thumb:  If you wanted to post them on my forum there (or on the forum here), that would be great.

Maybe, I'll go to the premier (if it's even possible to buy tickets) for the very last film when it comes out :)

Danielle

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2007, 10:17:46 AM »
Oh, I've added a contest to the site now at this location:

#1 Create Your Own Spell Contest

It isn't time-based but entry-based, so whenever there are 10 entrants, then I'll judge and award the prize ($27) via PayPal.

I'm open to suggestions for improving the contest or other type of ones to offer. :thumb:

Offline jflattery

• Intergalactic Cowboy
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2007, 02:52:25 PM »
try the next film in IMAX if they offer it, filmed digitally with great special effects, definitely not the last film though.

leighsww

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2007, 11:32:47 AM »
Oh, I've added a contest to the site now at this location:

#1 Create Your Own Spell Contest

It isn't time-based but entry-based, so whenever there are 10 entrants

LOL, Dani ... TEN entries? You're normally lucky when you can get even 1 or 2, and we normally have to pull people's teeth to make them enter! :( How many times have I had to help you solicit for these contests, so I know!!  :o

You should lower that to at least 5 ... or more realistically, even 3, sheesh!  :)

Anyway, I'm trying sooooo hard not to sign up at your forum, but I'm feeling so sorry for ya (AGAIN), that I'm tempted to, just to get your lonely forum some action going on there!  :razz:

But, I'm refraining, cuz I'm not a HP fan, NOR do I want you to have the upper hand of saying that you AGAIN coerced me to sign up for another of your sites!! I think you make me feel sorry for you on purpose, so you can wield your power over me!  :whip:

Hurry up somebody and enter her Spell contest and create a spell that makes one immune to feeling sorry for her ... call it the "I Ain't Gonna Feel Sorry For Danielle/Miraenda Which Will Teach Her A Lesson To NOT Keep Buying Domain Names To Create Zillions Of Sites That Produce Lonely Forums Spell," cuz I NEED TO DRINK THAT SPELL!!  :cry:

Danielle

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2007, 02:44:45 PM »
You are welcome to enter the contest, Leigh :poke:

I don't know why people wouldn't enter, it's a pretty easy contest and there's a cash prize lol

Maybe, a spell like "Make Miraenda a Famous Writer" would go over well for winning, something aimed to cater to my wants/desires (rather than Leigh's :PPP)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 02:48:06 PM by Danielle »

Danielle

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2007, 10:38:39 PM »
Hey again,

I've added a mod to the site to sort people into houses via votes (so each poster gets to vote the house of the other posters).  The discussion can be found at:

Harry Potter House Mod

You do have to be registered to be able to vote for the House and it works similar to the Karma system for voting.  Apparently, some members think I belong in Slytherin...as I have 3 for it and one for Ravenclaw.  Funny funny :PPP All online quizzes I've taken always sort me into Ravenclaw, so good thing the real sorting hat doesn't select House via democratic member voting :poke:

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site or otherwise. Still need to work on the graphics themselves.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 10:40:24 PM by Danielle »