Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Harry Potter Fansite - SeriousPotter.com  (Read 22076 times)

Offline jflattery

• Intergalactic Cowboy
Re: Harry Potter Fansite - SeriousPotter.com
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 11:31:45 AM »
Great to see such enthusiasm for Harry Potter, I am starting a fan site on LP as a HELM Beta test, harrypotter.org.uk  I'll let everyone know when its active. :shades:

leighsww

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 12:31:54 PM »
Hey, wait a minute, jflattery ... you can't just post that and leave  :whip:

What's your predictions, after reading Dani's essay (if you're brave or insane enough to spare a few years off your life to actually read through the dang thing :)) ... is Snape's loyalty to Voldemort or Dumbledore? :?

Or do you think maybe "neither" and he'll double-cross them both and plan to take over the wizardry world for himself?  :blue:

And do you think he was in love with Lily? (say, did you pull on girls' pigtails when you were a teenager? Or if you're a female, did you get your pigtail pulled by a teenage boy? I'm trying to prove to Dani that this is typical teenage boys' behavior when they are in love) :)

Danielle

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 12:37:21 PM »
But Snape didn't pull her pigtails :poke: He called her a mean name lol

leighsww

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 12:39:15 PM »
Quote from: Danielle who probably didn't get her pigtail pulled
But Snape didn't pull her pigtails :poke: He called her a mean name lol

Hey, same smell!!  :razz:

Offline jflattery

• Intergalactic Cowboy
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 03:33:24 PM »
I'll post soon, still reading it in bits and pieces.

joshua mccollom

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 07:54:46 PM »
First and foremost, Great job on the essay Danielle! I admire your writing, you have a talent that I'm glad to see is not being wasted. :yey:
It is obvious to everyone that we ALL share an interest in the wonderful essay composed by Danielle, especially liegh.  :rofl:   It seems like I remember an old saying " you have to care about something to dislike it" why else would we be so passionate about Danielle's superlative essay?    :clap:

leighsww

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 08:48:08 PM »
Quote from: joshua, who may get Dani's scissors for this little sentence structure
"you have to care about something to dislike it" why else would we be so passionate about Danielle :clap:

>:D

Offline Tiara

• MR-Disabled
  • Intergalactic Superstar
  • growing up is overrated <3
    • Me & Mildred Against the World: Let's Start a Revolution!
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 12:31:42 PM »
ZOMG HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies a little....then tries to resume acting normal*

I am bookmarking your site and you can BET I'll have read everything on it by Tuesday and will have responded a good deal.

I have to puff out my chest and say right now that on the day after Book 6 was released, I was the first person to publicly declare that Snape was NOT bad... This after I cried for _____'s death for like 10 hours, nearly burned all my HP books, and cursed Rowling to the skies. And I declaired my admiration and faith in Snape the following:

Some things I would like to say, now that I've calmed down a bit (finished it last night):

1) I do NOT believe Snape is evil. Is this only because I've grown to love him over the past six books? Most likely. However, I do have a bit of a theory about his odd behavior.

Because ___ trusted him to the very end, I can't get the feeling out of my stomach that Snape was doing the right thing. So I thought back. In one of the earlier chapters, Hagrid tells Harry that Snape and ____ were arguing about Snape's doings for the Order, that Snape was severely unhappy with certain duties, etc. *I* think that _____ *wanted* Snape to kill him. a) it's the only way to motivate Harry into SUCH hatred that he can actually perform the killing curse on Voldemort (when Harry tried using an Unforgivable on Bellatrix Lestrange, remember, she chided him for not "meaning it"), b) it keeps Snape on Voldemort's good side so that he can continue being a spy for the Order, and c) sorry, but ____ was old anyway? *ducks* PLUS, Snape and Draco ran away together, WITHOUT the Death Eaters. The DEs were still fighting as they Disapperated.

..._____seemed to KNOW he was going to die. I believe his pleading "Severus..." at the end of the book (which made me SOB) could have been a plea for Snape to do what _____ argued with him about when Hagrid overheard -- a plea for Snape to kill him. It's to save Draco, to save Harry, and to end ________s extra-long life.

Anyway, since then I've calmed.  :D A bit.

So yeah, will be reading your site and fawning over it likely.
Last night, Darth Vader came down from the planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine to the dance, he'd melt my brain.
[/i]

Digg these guys, yo:

Best Web Hosting EVER.
That Damn Blog
Me and my muses...someday
Me & Mildred Against the World: Let's Start a Revolution

Danielle

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 01:20:36 PM »
Now the question is, did you really like Snape this much before the movies came out or not until he was being played by the ever so cool Alan Rickman? ;)

Offline Tiara

• MR-Disabled
  • Intergalactic Superstar
  • growing up is overrated <3
    • Me & Mildred Against the World: Let's Start a Revolution!
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 02:23:15 PM »
Though dear Mr. Rickman is very, very... *VERY* attractive as Sevviekins, I've always had an affinity for baddies and such, ever more so, for our dear Potions Master in the books. Rickman just made him even more 3D, though I've always said it -- Snape is possibly the most well-developed character in the series.

That is, if we knew everything about his torrid past. *loves on Snape*

For Christmas, I knit my sister a Sevvieteddy. I still need to make him a scarf, but he was cute. lol I think if Snape were real, he'd have poisoned me for making him into a teddybear.  :love:
Last night, Darth Vader came down from the planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine to the dance, he'd melt my brain.
[/i]

Digg these guys, yo:

Best Web Hosting EVER.
That Damn Blog
Me and my muses...someday
Me & Mildred Against the World: Let's Start a Revolution

Danielle

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 12:10:14 AM »
For Christmas, I knit my sister a Sevvieteddy. I still need to make him a scarf, but he was cute. lol I think if Snape were real, he'd have poisoned me for making him into a teddybear.  :love:

You should post a pic of the "Sevvieteddy" as I'd be interested to see how it looks  :D (and I'm pretty sure you are right that Snape would poison anyone who made a teddy out of him, esp. if it were really a cute one haha)

Next, I wanted to mention that I've now placed a forum onto Joomla called Vanilla forum at www.seriouspotter.com/vanilla/

I need to get some graphical changes on the site now.  The forum doesn't match it at all.  I picked Vanilla because it's a newer, simple forum and it was really easy to integrate quickly into Joomla (far easier than SMF actually).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 02:19:13 AM by Danielle »

Offline Adi D

• Jabba the Hutt
    • Local Cooking Classes
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 07:12:39 AM »
I most certainly expected a darker theme for the site, but the one you have is absolutely fine. It's very east on the eyes and the design is nice.

You do however have an error on top of your forum page. :shades:

Danielle

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 09:18:51 AM »
What is the error Adi as I'm not showing one for me? I think it is b/c I'm signed into it and it won't seem to let me sign out (so I'm not a guest seeing the forum).

Offline Adi D

• Jabba the Hutt
    • Local Cooking Classes
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006, 09:39:21 AM »
Well... it's gone now! I guess that's a good thing. There was some error across the top of the page. No worries, it's not there anymore.

Danielle

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 11:01:37 PM »
I think I have the error fixed now anyway. It only appeared when you first view the forum, although there is still an issue where if you are logged into it and view the first page of the forum, you don't appear to be logged into it. If you click on another tab like Categories or one of the posts, you will show as logged in then though. Not sure how to fix that. I guess it isn't a big deal as there aren't a bunch of members teeming on it anyway yet.  :smiling:

Next, I added another article, this time on who will die in the final chapter of book 7.  JK Rowling noted that 2 main characters would die in that chapter and another main character would get a reprieve.  I've posted my speculations on who at the following location:

Who Will Die in Book Seven?

The one I state will get a reprieve was intended to be inflammatory or controversial more than anything. I suppose it is unlikely he would get a reprieve, but you never know  :nope: