Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Harry Potter Fansite - SeriousPotter.com  (Read 22460 times)

Danielle

Harry Potter Fansite - SeriousPotter.com
« on: December 27, 2006, 04:30:35 PM »
Hi,

Well, those of you who know me a bit know that I have a ton of websites and domains, so I likely didn't need to start yet another site (someday, I should buy the domain yetanothersite.com too... ;)).

Recently, however, after getting bored and re-reading all the Harry Potter books (1-6) and then re-watching all the movies (1-4), I decided I wanted to start a site, which I have called seriouspotter.com (siriuspotter.com is parked onto the domain). Yeah, it's my own little pun-based site name :D

The first content I put onto the site is an essay on why I believe Professor Severus Snape is not working for Lord Voldemort (the Dark Lord, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, Tom Riddle other appellations of his). Please note that if you haven't read book six, you may want to pass reading the essay that is on the homepage of the site.

If you have read book six, however, and would like to provide input, I will be putting up a small discussion forum for book and film discussions of the series within a few days.

I appreciate any feedback or links to the site. I'd be more than happy to link to anyone else who might have a site in common as I'm acquiring links to other Harry Potter fansites.

Have a Wonderful Week
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 04:46:20 PM by Danielle »

todd_1

Re: Harry Potter Fansite - SeriousPotter.com
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 04:39:32 PM »
lol....yet another domain....I truly know how you feel. ;D

Lupine1647

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 04:43:34 PM »
Nice site. I know how ya feel also, Right now i have a total of 56 domain names and that number just keeps on growing.

leighsww

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 04:59:09 PM »
I DON'T know how she feels, as I'm not a domain fanatic like ya all  :razz:, but I DO know how it feels to have her constantly coerce me into registering on ALL her sites!!!  :whip: :cry:

Thank heavens I haven't read them Harry Potter books, so she can't make me register on her new sites this time!!  :nope:

Danielle

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 05:05:02 PM »
Thank heavens I haven't read them Harry Potter books, so she can't make me register on her new sites this time!!  :nope:

But you could still provide input on the essay as I include a bunch of book extracts :poke:

RandyT

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 05:08:48 PM »
<----has all that space and only 2 domains, one of which isnt used  :(

Guess I should get busy  :yep:

Yet another nice site Danielle  :thumb:

RandyT

leighsww

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 07:11:10 PM »
WoW, Dani ... after reading your site (yeah, I subjected myself to punishment again  :cry:), especially the essay, you sure put a LOT of work into it. No wonder you've been AWOL for a while  haha (as I read that essay, it seemed to go on forever  :)).

I am especially impressed with your having found specific quotes throughout the book that correlate to your little nonsensical questions (GAD, that must have taken for days!! :hypno:)

And this page --> Click here

Is there like a "Magic Spell Deciphering for Dummies" book that we can obtain, so we can make sense of that there page?  :o (all I can figure out is that the spell calls for milk, although I'm not sure if it's 100% or skim, cherries and soy beans. What's the cooking temperature supposed to be?  :whip:)

I think it was in the 2nd HP movie that Snape did some act of kindness that saved Harry or something (can't remember exactly what it was, but for some reason during that broomstick flying game thingy is what I remember), which gave me the impression that he was going to turn out to be one of those villainous figures that really wasn't so villainous after all, but then the 3rd movie had him looking mighty sinister again, so I then got all confused  :-?.

BUT, after reading your essay, I have the answer!!  :idea:

1) Snape is actually Lily's half-brother thus Harry's uncle, OR ...

2) Lily and Snape were once in love when they were teenagers (now, had this been an adult book, I would then go on to say, Harry is Snape's son however since this is geared more as a children's book, I think we'll leave it at they might have been in love but it just wasn't to be, thus she married James Potter), OR ...

3) Snape was in love with Lily, and Lily, feeling sorry for him, tried to treat him with kindness, yet she wasn't in love with him.

Oh and Dani ... since you're little Ms. Perfect  :poke:, I figured you'd want to know that you spelled Lily "Lilly" on this page: Click here (hint: #12 after the quote  :)) Get your typos fixed! :razz:

Thus, Snape actually has an affinity toward Harry even though he treats him badly, and as you predicted, Dani ... Snape's true loyalty is with Dumbledore and for some reason Dumbledore needed for Snape to kill him, and at the end of it all, Harry will be shocked when all truth be known (kinda like how Luke was when he found out that Darth Vader was actually his Papa, etc. ... well, sorta, anyway  :D)

Sheesh, now you got me all excited to read the book  :whip: ... well, that's a "sorta" too (I'll just wait for the movie  :))
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 07:42:19 PM by leighsww »

Danielle

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 09:21:55 PM »
I did actually consider Snape might have once been in love with Lily, but given the scene in book 5 when he called her a Mudblood and how he seemed to be ignoring her and everyone else as a teenager (he was a bit self-absorbed, maybe why I like him so much :PPP), I kinda put away that thought as a possibility.  It is possible, though, that just as James Potter changed after a few more years to not be such a tormenter to others that the same happened for Snape and he began to like Lily...

I'm amazed you actually did read my essay, Leigh. You might be the only person in the world other than me (who wrote it) that will :poke:

Also, that you found the one typo that I knew about (I kept meaning to fix it). To go thru the thing with a fine-tooth comb to look for typos really shows that I need to move the title of anal retentive from me to you :PPP
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 09:36:59 PM by Danielle »

leighsww

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 09:50:20 PM »
Quote from: Danielle
I'm amazed you actually did read my essay, Leigh. You might be the only person in the world other than me (who wrote it) that will :poke:

Yeah, I don't know why I subject myself to such tortures!! :whip: Hey, if I don't read it, it means I don't care enough about what you have to say, so ... hmmmm, yeah, GAD, why the heck am I reading it?!!!!  :cry:

Quote from: Dani
Also, that you found the one typo that I knew about (I kept meaning to fix it). To go thru the thing with a fine-tooth comb to look for typos really shows that I need to move the title of anal retentive from me to you :PPP

I didn't go through it with a fine-tooth comb, lol :). As I was reading through the essay, I just happened to spot it :o. So, nope  :nope:, you'll get to keep your title  :yep:, I'm afraid! :razz:

katrina1

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 09:52:24 PM »
Snape was uttering a counter-curse during the quidditch match to save Harry from Professor Quirrell's curse on his broom.

Personally, I understand how Snape feels toward Harry after being tormented by Harry's father though he is certainly wrong and taking it out on the wrong person. I don't think he is working for Voldemort. Dumbledore has had many of his moves planned out since Harry was a baby and Snape is a part of that.

Dang it, Dani has me hooked into another one of her sites again... Beam me up!

leighsww

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 10:44:25 PM »
Quote from: Katrina
Snape was uttering a counter-curse during the quidditch match to save Harry from Professor Quirrell's curse on his broom.

Ah, I knew I wasn't imagining things :)

Quote from: Dani, the one who knows nothing about teenagers in love
he called her a Mudblood and how he seemed to be ignoring her

Sounds like a teenager in love to me  :?  :)

Okay, so let's say scenario #3 is the case and Snape was in love with Lily but Lily wasn't in love with him ... he could be calling her names and seemingly ignoring her for this very reason. Sheesh, haven't you heard of little boys pulling little girls' pigtails, Dani:roll:

As an adult, the reason he doesn't say anything nasty about Lily to Harry (when he very well could do so like he does with James), is because he loved her  :yep: (GADs, I'm not even a HP fan, nor have I read the books, and I'm like engaging in this convo that I know nothing about  :o ... well, except for your essay revealed a lot  :))

Okay, do we have to wait for another book to find this out? How many books is she going to write? Is this series going to go on and on until Harry is old and decrepit? When is the next movie going to come out? Does anybody have the answers to my questions?!!  :whip:

Dani, I am NOT going to let you get me caught up in this HP stuff, so DON'T post anymore links to your sites!!!  :whip:  :cry:

Coerced, coerced, coerced, coerced ... AGAIN!!  :(

katrina1

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 11:18:31 PM »
He he. You have already been assimilated. Resistance is futile!

J.K. said there were to be 7 books so it is almost over. However, Harry Potter like Star Trek, will live on forever!

Danielle

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 11:20:46 PM »
Quote from: leighsww who doesn't pay attention
Quote from: Katrina

Ah, I knew I wasn't imagining things :)

That was also mentioned in my essay leigh :P Weren't you paying attention :P (it is point #9 on this page and it happened in book 1)

Quote from: leighsww who has an enquiring mind
Okay, do we have to wait for another book to find this out? How many books is she going to write? Is this series going to go on and on until Harry is old and decrepit? When is the next movie going to come out? Does anybody have the answers to my questions?!!  :whip:

1. Okay, do we have to wait for another book to find this out?

- Yes, we do have to wait for another book to find out :poke:

2. How many books is she going to write?

- She's going to write 7 total on Harry Potter. She's published 6 so far, that leaves 1 more to go (due in 2007 in the summer most likely).

3. Is this series going to go on and on until Harry is old and decrepit?

- Nope, the series won't go on and on as the author, JK Rowling, says she will never write about Harry Potter again once book 7 is completed.

4.  When is the next movie going to come out?

- The fifth movie comes out on July 13th, 2007.

5. Does anybody have the answers to my questions?!!

- Yep, I do.  I know it all :D  :whip: (although katrina is faster than me for answering haha)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 12:10:12 AM by Danielle »

leighsww

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 01:21:57 AM »
That was also mentioned in my essay leigh :P Weren't you paying attention :P

Apparently not  :razz: (but, your essay was so dang long, alzheimers could have already kicked in by the time I finished it :))

(it is point #9 on this page

Even worse is the fact that it's on the same page where I pointed out your typo  :poke:

and it happened in book 1)

LOL, I guess I've gotten all my sequences mixed up :o

Well, at least I've got a legitimate excuse now (in case I'm further coerced) as to why I'm not qualified to register on your HP fan club site!!  :razz:

although katrina is faster than me for answering

Yeah, and she did it in only two sentences!!  :)

katrina1

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 05:56:02 AM »
 :lol: