Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: ASP database problem  (Read 3576 times)

Offline calabus

• Space Explorer
    • http://www.fanfilmfx.com
ASP database problem
« on: June 17, 2002, 01:13:00 AM »
Well I uploaded all the files need for a picyure gallery page. I added the following string in constring.asp:
Conn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.Mappath("fpdb/gallery.mdb")

This points to the correct folder and file. I did a CHMOD to the .mdb file to 777 , but I am getting the following error: 506 ASP Not Available

Any help ???

*edit

edit

Ok looks like I had the permissions for the .asp files wrong. I changed them to 777 and now I get this error:

ADODB.Connection.1 error '80004005'

SQLState: IM002
Native Error Code: 0
[INTERSOLV][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

include/constring.asp, line 16

C

[ June 17, 2002: Message edited by: calabus ]

Offline TWebMan

• Quantum Encyclopedia Writer
    • Take charge of your site
ASP database problem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 01:52:00 PM »
Although asp is available, I don't know if the microsoft jet ODBC engine is available.  You may have to connect using a different linking method.  The CPanel sql entrance page lists the connection strings/types available.

ASP is nice and I've been using it for years, but when it comes to a mysql database, you're much better off using php, at least to make the connection.  At that point I'm sure you can give it a name and hand it off to asp- never done it quite that way, but I don't see why there would be a problem.  Hope this helps.  
"Computers cause people to make more mistakes than any other invention in history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."  - Unknown
"Liberty of any kind is seldom lost all at once." - D. Hume
Every day is an Ode to Joy
The planet will be fine... and so will your site

Offline Max

• Über Jedi
    • Max's website!
ASP database problem
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2002, 04:36:00 PM »
This fall we will introduce NT hosting, Access and other kinds of database connectivity will be supported then, and you will be able to use ODBC connections.