Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: extension mapping  (Read 1735 times)

Offline antii3

extension mapping
« on: October 05, 2006, 02:39:34 PM »
Can i add/modify extension handling on my domain or subdomain?

If so can it be done through plesk?  I seen plesk had a way to remote desktop, but i couldnt login to it. Does that not come with the windows basic plan?

RandyT

Re: extension mapping
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 02:52:13 PM »
antii3, yes you can. Go into the IIS Manager and, for the site you want to do this, right-click it, select properties. Go to the Home Directory tab, click configuration. You'll see the application mappings. Point the .html extension to your PHP parser of choice (either CGI or ISAPI). That should take care of it.

Remote desktop is not allowed on the Windows plan.

Hope this helps,
RandyT

Offline antii3

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 03:08:28 PM »
antii3, yes you can. Go into the IIS Manager and, for the site you want to do this, right-click it, select properties. Go to the Home Directory tab, click configuration. You'll see the application mappings. Point the .html extension to your PHP parser of choice (either CGI or ISAPI). That should take care of it.

Remote desktop is not allowed on the Windows plan.

Hope this helps,
RandyT

Ok, so what you mean to say is that i cant?  I knew how to set it up with iis, but im talking about changing it in my lunar hosting account.  I cant access iis from mmc can i?  plesk is the only way that i know of to change anything.

Lupine1647

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 03:11:41 PM »
Hello:
Due to security restrictions, you would not be able to access iis.