Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Whitelist a domain in the mailing list?  (Read 3528 times)

Whitelist a domain in the mailing list?
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:17:54 AM »
In lunarpages' mailing list program, is there a way to set up a system where you can whitelist domains? The idea would be to whitelist common personal email domains like gmail or yahoo which don't tend to bring in spam. The mailing list has an exessively complex interface so I have only found a way to blacklist domains under privacy>spam>[the 2nd box on that page].
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:29:14 AM by 124256 »

Offline GMTurner

• Berserker Poster
    • Turner's Lounge
Re: Whitelist a domain in the mailing list?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 10:48:48 AM »
I don't use the mailing list program via cPanel, so not 100% sure, but it might be possible to do something like this under the "Sender Filters" and the options for non-member addresses. Of course, I would disagree that yahoo does not generate spam. I get a lot of spam from @yahoo addresses.... again, not sure exactly how it would need to be setup, but it looks like the automatically accept area under sender filters might be the place to do something like this...
The above information may or may not reflect current policy, opinions, or views since it was likely made almost 10 years ago.

Offline TedDeSantaFe

• Galactic Royalty
    • Tears Running Down My Face
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 02:31:35 PM »
If you've enabled spam assassin, you can white list by going to cpanel > mail > spam assassin > configure spam assassin. You will see the black & white lists. Spam assassin kills my pics from my Verizon phone; so I white list it: *@vzwpix.com.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:14:39 PM »
I know that works for emails but I was hoping there's a way to kill spam before the mailing list program even fowards it out. Does spam assassin cover the mailing list program too?

I went into the mailman progam under privacy>sender filters>non members and i found something to always accept certain addresses like said above. It says to "start the line with a ^ character to designate a regular expression match" . Does this mean I can write ^gmail to have all mail from gmail go through? Is a regular expression match just "if you see this string in any part of the from line?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 08:17:57 PM by 124256 »

Offline GMTurner

• Berserker Poster
    • Turner's Lounge
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 08:52:28 PM »
regular expressions are, unfortunately, a bit more complicated I'm afraid...
 I'm really not that good with regular expressions though...
The above information may or may not reflect current policy, opinions, or views since it was likely made almost 10 years ago.

Danielle

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 11:09:48 PM »
You could do this in mailman for the regular expression:

^@gmail.com

That would work.  I know as I have to use mailing lists for Lunarpages (our company ones) and we have ^@lunarpages.com whitelisted in Sender Filters area.

Offline GMTurner

• Berserker Poster
    • Turner's Lounge
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 04:19:02 AM »
okay, so I was making it more complicated in my head than it needed to be... I had something like ^.*@gmail.com$