Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Need advice with site re-design:  (Read 20075 times)

Offline RAT

• Wizard of Telecastria
  • Senior Moderator
  • Über Jedi
  • HAIRNT !
    • RATtreks.com
Re: Need advice with site re-design:
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2006, 12:21:58 PM »
Thanks again Leigh, I will look for that, do a backup that way and delete the ones in my public_html folder   :thumb:

I want to send them to my gmail rather than my pc as I am out of space ! Perhaps I can figure out how to do that,,,,,,,

RAT

Offline RAT

• Wizard of Telecastria
  • Senior Moderator
  • Über Jedi
  • HAIRNT !
    • RATtreks.com
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2006, 06:05:06 PM »
OK, where am I now,,,,, oh yeah, I need to know how to tweak the smf theme to look like my site and put that project to rest,, then:

When and how to redirect to the new site ??

RAT

Offline philvis

• Master Jedi
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2006, 07:14:49 PM »
You don't need to redirect to the new site. You should replace the old one with the new one when its ready to go.
The redirect suggestion in an earlier post was speaking to redirecting the www version to the non www version  or vice versa so as not to split the page rank.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Offline RAT

• Wizard of Telecastria
  • Senior Moderator
  • Über Jedi
  • HAIRNT !
    • RATtreks.com
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »
You don't need to redirect to the new site. You should replace the old one with the new one when its ready to go.
The redirect suggestion in an earlier post was speaking to redirecting the www version to the non www version  or vice versa so as not to split the page rank.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

I thought someone told me to simply redirect the www domain to point to the new site (site2) so I wouldnt have to move everything and change a bunch of links ??

Then someone said something about redirecting the www to the non www to keep from splitting page rank,,, I dont understand any of it, I have been told so much I am thoroughly a confused RAT at this point. I wish someone could clear all this up for me.

I just tried to download a backup of the site to my pc and it tried for two hrs then said IE couldnt download it was unable to reach lunarpages etc etc, so that just adds to the confusion.

I just want to make the smf forum look like the site, add Coppermine, Wordpress, a safe form mail contact us page and a search engine for searching things within the site and be done with it !! Then make my domain point to site2, surely this is not too much to ask ??  I am becoming frustrated . Any help greatly appreciated at this point.

RAT