I will try to answer all of your questions the best I can:
1. I gather you don't do IMAP.
=> This feature is being developed and will be ready very soon
2. On the CAPTCHA, do you also offer a voice alternative for visually impaired people?
=> We do not because we have not experienced any incidents (partly because we are still growing in size). However, this will definetly be added.
3. I didn't see any mention of your data center. For example, do you have a redundant facility in a different geographic location. Would I experience any noticeable latency as a result of your pre-processing my email? And yes, I recognize there will be some latency in such challenge-response system.
=> Our datacenter is in downtown LA located in the building where XO peers into Los Angeles. Everything is fully redundant in every way: Power, A/C, Network, Storage, Servers....etc. The processing of the emails is instant once they are received. Gafana fetches email from your servers at various intervals depending on your email account. No longer than every 5 minutes, but usually more like 15-30 seconds for POP3 accounts.
4. I didn't see a mention of who you've partnered with for virus protection. Sorry, but in my mind not all vendors are the same.
=> For virus protection, we are using ClamAV to filter all emails as they come in
5. Can your system properly handle email with digital signatures? I've used som'e systems where after going through the preprocessing, the email looked like it had been tampered because .
=> We have not had any users experience problems with digital signature. However, I will look into this more and give you futher details about this.
6. Does the content filtering, block the entire email or scrub the message? As example, if I add the term "breast" to content filtering, do you stop an email if it ask me to make a contribution to "breast cancer"? Or, will you simply remove the occurrence of the word "breast" from the body of the email? Your flash demo made it look like the term was removed.
=> You can choose how to handle filtering. If you do enable filtering, you can choose to have it either filter the email by replacing the offending word with [filtered]. You can also choose to have the entire email simply deleted. You can also select if you which to automatically block the sender for sending bad emails and choose if you and/or the sender should be notified that they were blocked because of this. You can also edit and list of words in the bad-content list.
7. Can I do an import of my address book from Outlook or even a .CSV file to be put on what I'll call a "whitelist"?
=> For all AOL, Hotmail and Yahoo accounts, you can automatically import your address book. For users using OE, you can import your addressbook using our import program.
"and as I mentioned earlier, by combining that feature with an automatic email from a form on your website (if t"
=> This is not a problem and can be setup if it is desired by you guys.
"heres another question, how much control does one have over the content of the verification email request? Would a company be a'ble to customize it to reflect their business or add a special note to it? Or is it just a generic, one size fits all, email that is "
=> You are able to modify the verification email to say whatever you would like it to say.
Again, the service works great and I am sure if some actually tried it, you would be happy. Still looking for more to give it a try on any of their accounts. It does not have to be associated with Lunarpages or your business websites. Any more questions, I am here to answer them all the best I can.