Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Help with .htaccess  (Read 1642 times)

Offline paulkittredge

• Trekkie
Help with .htaccess
« on: January 05, 2006, 07:47:35 AM »
Hi. I'm not a super expert, but I just recently moved to a dedicated server and have a question about my .htaccess files. Namely, they aren't visible. I used to be able to see them when i FTPed in to my server, but now all the domains on the dedicated server don't have the .htaccess files visible. Any other domains I have with LunarPages do have the .htaccess files visible when I FTP in, just not the ones on the dedicated server.

So, I'm pretty sure I'm just missing a setting in my WHM (the one to make them visible), I just don't know what it is. Can anyone help out with how to make .htaccess files visible on a dedicated server?

Thanks!
Paul Kittredge

Offline pimster

• Spacescooter Operator
Re: Help with .htaccess
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 09:21:41 AM »
I think the steps vary based on the FTP client you're using. You can probably do a Google search with .htaccess and your FTP client name. Example

view .htaccess file CuteFTP

Offline GMTurner

• Berserker Poster
    • Turner's Lounge
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 09:27:04 AM »
In WS-FTP, I think the settings to display files beginning with . are set on a server by server basis... this might explain why it shows up for some and not others...
The above information may or may not reflect current policy, opinions, or views since it was likely made almost 10 years ago.

Offline paulkittredge

• Trekkie
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 10:14:38 AM »
Silly me - of course that's what I should have done! Thanks for the help, pimster - I changed it on my end and it was fine. For those of you that use Ace FTP and have the same problem, here's how you do it:

1. Go in the site properties within AceFTP 3.
2. Go in the FOLDERS section
3. Uncheck the "Use property class default value" box
4. Check the radio button a bit lower to "Use custom value"
5. Select the "-latr" option from the scrolldown menu underneath

Save your options, disconnect and reconnect. You'll now be able to see .htaccess files and the rest of the hidden files.
Paul Kittredge