Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: MS-Access attachments blocked?  (Read 584 times)

Offline GMTurner

• Berserker Poster
    • Turner's Lounge
MS-Access attachments blocked?
« on: December 15, 2005, 11:10:14 PM »
Okay, had a first for me tonight at LP... tried to email a MS Access database as an attachment through my LP account. It was rejected by the mailserver at LP "because it has a potentially executable attachment."

I've seen this happen before, but not at LP. Of course, I don't tend to email access dbs or other executables as attachments. I did find this thread which seems somewhat related, but was from back in 2003 and dealt with a different file type... http://www.lunarforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=6778.0

So, I was curious if LP disallows certain file types to be sent as attachments through the server? I'm unsure if what was corrected in that thread was the sending of the rejection to the main account or allowing the file types through... I don't mind if executable files are blocked since it won't have a big impact on me, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a setting that needed correcting on the server... or is there a place in cPanel where this can be configured that I haven't found?

The above information may or may not reflect current policy, opinions, or views since it was likely made almost 10 years ago.

Lupine1647

Re: MS-Access attachments blocked?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 12:55:21 PM »
Lunarpages' doesn't block any file types. There might be a configuration issue on the server which you would need to e-mail support.

Offline GMTurner

• Berserker Poster
    • Turner's Lounge
Re: MS-Access attachments blocked?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 01:03:46 PM »
That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure... didn't want to bother support with it if it wasn't really a problem... I'll check it again later and if I get the same result, I'll let them know...
The above information may or may not reflect current policy, opinions, or views since it was likely made almost 10 years ago.