Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: First ever website.  (Read 2715 times)

Offline RAT

• Wizard of Telecastria
  • Senior Moderator
  • Über Jedi
  • HAIRNT !
    • RATtreks.com
Re: First ever website.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2005, 06:43:48 PM »
the intro pages that ppl click away from are flash intro animations that take a lot to load and offer no content whatsoever or have no point whatsoever, just some pretty (according to the designer) stuff moving around. and some glitter. and stuff exploding. that's the "skip intro" age of flash. I click away from that kind of intro page too.

Alot of band sites are of this kind.

Offline EOBeav

• LF Knothead of the year, 2005
  • Jedi
  • Gee, Wally, do you really think I can learn this php/MySQL stuff too?
    • Google Page
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 08:10:29 AM »
Well, you asked for what we think of your site, and we told you.  It was not our intention to get into an argument of flash vs. html for your sites.  Best practices dictate that flash not be used as a sole means of presentation.  Of course, "best practices" get ignored all the time.  If you wish to only cater to visitors with flash, then more power to ya'. 

Best of luck to you on your website. 
If you can't design an attractive, standards-compliant website using nothing more than Notepad and a decent graphics editor, you need to rethink your approach to web design.

Offline Gustavious

• Infinite Tides
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 06:06:18 AM »
At first I was put off by the emptiness and the neutral background but soon realized that this space was very functional. The color works well with all of the images, both color and greyscale.  Nice page.  I liked it.