Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Can't quite figure out Form Mail... Help?  (Read 15682 times)

leighsww

Re: Can't quite figure out Form Mail... Help?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2005, 06:54:22 PM »
Glad to know I wasn't simply going insane...had my doubts there for a minute. :-)

LOL  :)

Quote from: Cathy
Now I just have to go back to support and find out why none of our domain email addresses work anymore.

What kind of errors are you receiving or in what way are they not working?

Offline kdub03

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2007, 11:38:21 AM »
I'm having similar issues...here is the error and the link to my page with the script:

Web page is:
http://www.sunkist3on3shootout.com/registration.htm

Error is:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@kdub.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

leighsww

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »
Read this following post:

http://www.lunarforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=28881.msg225070#msg225070

You probably forgot to chmod (set permissions) to 755 on the .pl file, but read that post in the link I gave for other possible solutions, if that wasn't it.

leighsww

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2007, 11:48:22 AM »
Oh, one more thing I see in your html source code that is incorrect.

Remove this tag from your form:

Code: [Select]
<input name="recipient" type="hidden" id="recipient" value="email@yourdomain.com">
Did you read my tutorial (http://www.lunarforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=18221.0) carefully? :) Because in that tutorial, I instruct NOT to put your email addy inside that tag in your html :bigwink: (it's a vulnerability and subjects you to spam harvesting).

Anyway, if you go back and go through the instructions carefully and thoroughly to make sure that you have accomplished all that is noted there, your issue will most probably be resolved.

If you still have problems after that, however, post back here and I will try to help you further.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 11:57:22 AM by leighsww »

Offline kdub03

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2007, 12:05:18 PM »
Sorry if I missed some things. I thought I had gone through both tutorials pretty carefully. But I'll double check them again. I think I just got more confused the more I read.

Thanks for looking over the code, I'll post my results later today.

Kenny

leighsww

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2007, 12:19:05 PM »
Yes, that tutorial can be overwhelming when you first see so much verbiage  :), but it's not as bad as it seems, if you just take it one step at a time. Best to print it out and scratch off each step accomplished.

If you go over everything and still can't get it to work, try reuploading a fresh copy and start over. Sometimes that does the trick. If not, then the last resort would be to PM me your username and password and I'll go in and get it to work for you.

I won't be at my computer throughout the day today, but I'll check back periodically and respond as soon as I can.