Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Need tutuorials on Perl/CGI scripts that take form data into a mysql database  (Read 792 times)

Offline MystikMinx

• Trekkie
Ok, that title was a mouthful.  Anyway, I've been searching through what seems like all of the internet and all of the forums here looking for tutorials on perl/cgi scripts that take info from a form and deposit it in a mysql database.  And I've come up kinda empty.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?   

ALSO, how would I do it in conjunction with using the shared ssl certificate for security purposes? 

I'm on the Shuttle plan and am bound to using perl/cgi/etc based scripts to work in conjunction with the shared ssl certificate.  Just an fyi.

Thanks so much!
~Minx

leighsww

If you do not get any answers to this, it probably means nobody here knows.

I would recommend that if nobody replies to your post, and because you can't find a perl/cgi based script, that you use PHP to create a form, then save the results to a database. I know there are members here who use PHP in conjunction with a database, so you may get more help with that (you'll want to post in the PHP section of these forums).

If you do not know enough about PHP to do it yourself, then you may want to consider contracting someone to do it for you. You can post in the "Service & Trade" section of the forums, to see if anyone is interested:

http://www.lunarforums.com/forum/index.php?board=49.0

Offline MystikMinx

• Trekkie
Actually I found a script that I'm modifying to do what I want.  I just have to make it work, hahahaha.   There will probably be a new post from me going "help! perl and dbi driving me nuts!", lol.      8-)

Thanks,
~Minx