Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: .ssi in an .html page  (Read 3113 times)

Offline Deltacomics

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
.ssi in an .html page
« on: August 13, 2005, 10:55:15 PM »
I just moved to this server today, and my pages are coming up blank. I used .ssi files for all my navigation except on the home page, I just used it on the right side of my home page. I have about 5 .ssi per page and have over 300 pages. I went to the Apache Handlers and added .html as server-parsed if I take that off my pages come up with content but no navigation.
on the pages for example of one of the .ssi files I have <!--#include file"scripts/header.ssi"-->
Like I said my pages show up blank and if I do a view source there is nothing after the body tag except a div tag for center and that is it.
What is the difference on lunarpages, when I first did it, it worked for about 5 minutes then my pages were all blank except the home page http://www.st-george-realestate.com
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 10:57:45 PM by Deltacomics »

Offline TranzNDance

• Princess of Naboo
  • Berserker Poster
    • Thu Tu's Blog
Re: .ssi in an .html page
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 01:25:48 AM »
Showed up fine for me. Try clearing your cache. Is this the navigation on the right that you want?
All Saint George Utah            Properties
  Our Unique Services
  Free Relocation Package
  Mortgage Calculator
  Commercial Industry
  Your Referral Can Earn   You $500
  All free buyers reports
    12 Common Mistakes
    Stop Paying Rent
    Dangerous Buyers     Traps
    Buying a Home     Rejected by Another
    Buying A Condominium     vs Buying A House
    Buying a Home     Before Completion
    Determine Your Wants     & Needs
    Getting the Best Price     on a New Home
    What Does It Mean To     Buy "As Is"
    What About Inlaw     Apartments
    How Much House Can     You Afford
    How Long Does It Take     To Find A Home
    How Important Is     Resale Value
    Is A Renovated     House A Good Buy

Seller Services
  The Best Listing Agent
  Listing Plan of Action
  Home Value Comparative   Market Analysis
  The Listing Process
  All Free Sellers Reports
    Actually Showing Your     Home
    Current Market     Analysis (CMA)
    Listing Advertisments
    Repairs &     Improvements
    Chase Away Buyers
    Simplify Your Home
    The Exterior of Your     Home
    The Listing Contract
    Things to Consider     Before Listing Your     Home
    Visible Listing Tools

Blogs & Link Exchange

Resources
  Education
  Cultural & The Arts
  Special Events & Festivals
  Events Calendar
  Recreation
  Parks
  Health Care
  Churches
  Employment
  Golf
  Fitness / Spas
  Sports
  Transportation
  Community, Civic &   Business Organizations
  Media
  Utility Services
  Dining & Shopping
  Lodging
  Internet Access
  Trips & Excursions

Area Information
  Things to Do
  Surrounding Cities
  Demographics &   Characteristics
  Taxes
  Safety & Crime
  St. George & Washington   County History
  Historical Sites
  Maps
  Weather

Past Client Services
  Events Calendar
  Drivers License Services

Edit: I just saw the last paragraph which states that all pages except home page were blank. Please post direct links to problem pages so we don't have to hunt for them. A random sample showed pages that were not blank.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 01:27:32 AM by TranzNDance »
:whip: :love: :whip: :love: :whip: :love:

Offline Deltacomics

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 07:37:53 AM »
I know you will find the pages now. I added the right navigation to the home page, there is no longer ssi on that page, but the rest of the pages are blank if I put .html server-parsed on Apache handlers. Just the back ground colors, all pages have the same navigation, on the header, the left, the right, and copyright, and Brian Habel information all in .ssi.
We are optimized and high on the search engines, and afraid if I have a ton of blank pages when they spider, we will loose all, we are #4 on MSN. Can't afford to loose that, the reason we moved to Lunarpages was because of the reliability, I have 4 other web sites on Lunarpages and they have stayed working, the server this web site was on before was down everyday for 5 to 120 minutes. And Yahoo and Google were zapping us for it.
I don't want to go back, but I need my .ssi files to work. I can put it back for a few hours, with the Apache Handlers back on. The pages you viewed had no navigation right?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 07:45:54 AM by Deltacomics »

Offline Deltacomics

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 07:44:13 AM »
I just added .html  and server-parsed on Apache Handlers and pages are blank again. As soon as it hits the first <!--#include file"scripts/header.ssi"--> the code is gone for the rest of the page. :?

Offline TranzNDance

• Princess of Naboo
  • Berserker Poster
    • Thu Tu's Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 07:54:44 AM »
You're still making it difficult to help you by not providing specific examples. I don't know how your pages are supposed to look like so I don't know what to look for. The first link I looked at was not blank.
:whip: :love: :whip: :love: :whip: :love:

Offline Deltacomics

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 08:08:30 AM »
They are supposed to look like the home page, with different content of course. I have tryed with Internet Explorer and Mozilla and the pages are only brown, no text, no navigation nothing on any page but the home page.  The instant I put .html as server-parsed they went blank, before I did that no navigation only content.
Do you see something different, do you see the header, left and right navigation?

Offline Deltacomics

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 10:23:04 AM »
I think understand what you are asking, which pages am I having trouble with,
only the home page displays, all other pages show up blank brown pages. Only home page works. So every page but the home page is the example, 306 pages have ssi only the home page does not. But every page is supposed to look like the home page, with header, left & right navigation, Brian Habel information, and copyright.

Offline GMTurner

• Berserker Poster
    • Turner's Lounge
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 07:45:22 PM »
<!--#include file"scripts/header.ssi"-->

Could be wrong, but I always have an = sign in there after file when using SSI. So it would be
Code: [Select]
<!--#include file="scripts/header.ssi" -->
And if that doesn't work, try changing "file" to "virtual"... just a couple of ideas to try...

The above information may or may not reflect current policy, opinions, or views since it was likely made almost 10 years ago.

Offline Deltacomics

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 06:37:53 AM »
The '=' sign was the solution, thanks so much, it worked fine on our old server without them, I will be busy on our over 300 pages find and replace =. Thanks again to GMTurner. Also thanks to TranzNDance, know the first few hours on a new server the internet hasn't caught up, and you couldn't see the problem because of this. It was in and out for me as well.