Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: SendMail  (Read 1242 times)

Offline neutral

• Trekkie
SendMail
« on: June 20, 2005, 03:48:37 AM »
Here's how I have my html script:

<form method="post" action="sendmail.pl" id="form3" name="form3"  />
<input type="hidden" name="recipient" value="id@domain.com" />

It works great, but I happen to receive spams since this email can be extracted from my html pages.

Can you please tell me how I can set my email in the perl script? (NMS FormMail Version 3.14c1)

Thanks.

Offline TranzNDance

• Princess of Naboo
  • Berserker Poster
    • Thu Tu's Blog
SendMail
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 06:50:06 AM »
Here is the tutorial for the NMS script: http://www.lunarforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=18221
:whip: :love: :whip: :love: :whip: :love:

Offline neutral

• Trekkie
SendMail
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 02:07:58 AM »
Yes, I know.

However, I would like to know how I should edit my perl file in order not to have to have my email in my html script.

Can someone please tell me how I should edit what line in order to get this done?

Thanks.

Offline RobertG

• Trekkie
    • http://www.lunarpages.com
SendMail
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 02:35:27 AM »
I beleive the how-to contains that information, under step 2.
Robert J. Greenwood
Junior System Administrator - System Administrator Team[/color]

leighsww

SendMail
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 11:41:56 AM »
neutral, print out that how-to/tutorial and follow it step-by-step ... one sentence at a time. ALL the info you need is right there.

Don't get overwhelmed by the amount of data there seems to be in the tutorial, it's really NOT complicated and very easy if you just take it one step at a time.

Printing it out helps, so you can check mark the step you've already done, then go to the next step. That will keep you from missing anything and to make sure you've followed it and done it correctly.

Again ... it's NOT hard or complicated if you just take your time and follow it completely, thoroughly and in a step-by-step manner  :thumb:

Offline neutral

• Trekkie
SendMail
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 04:44:07 AM »
I have been using the script for over a year now.

I have no problems with it - except for spams.

What I wanted to know was not how to get the script to work. (the link you are referring to is about installation)

I just need to get my email OUT of my html script.

I don't know if the how-to guide you are referring to is providing this information, but I have yet to locate it.

If it does, can you please give me a direct link to this how-to guide?

Thanks.

Offline GMTurner

• Berserker Poster
    • Turner's Lounge
SendMail
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 05:04:42 AM »
Quote from: the how-to that TranzNDance linked to in her first reply - Script Part

Step 2)  Make sure that your changes to the following configs (located at the beginning part of the script) look like this: {snip}

and

Quote from: the how-to that TranzNDance linked to in her first reply - HTML Form Part
Step 4)  If you've used a previous version of formmail, DO NOT  put the "recipient"  hidden tag in your form, because it's a vulnerability for spam email harvesting {snip}

Basically, you take that line you are concerned about out completely (just delete the line from the HTML) and instead use a configuration setting in the script itself, all of which is described in the how-to that was given to you previously. The how-to does cover how to setup and install the script, which is what you have currently done in a manner which allows you to be spammed. The how-to describes how to set things up to AVOID this...
The above information may or may not reflect current policy, opinions, or views since it was likely made almost 10 years ago.

Offline neutral

• Trekkie
SendMail
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 12:24:16 AM »
that worked!

thanks.