Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Application Error with FormMail.pl and a file upload  (Read 1395 times)

Offline pistol31

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
Application Error with FormMail.pl and a file upload
« on: June 22, 2005, 12:16:38 PM »
some of my customers are complaining of an error they receive from using my form -- however i receive a large number of responses in my email inbox.

One of them submitted the same information to me striaght to my email.  I then entered the same information into the form with the same uploaded file.

I received an error too -- so on the one had this is good as i can duplicate the error...  The error i get is as follows:

Application Error
An error has occurred in the program

This error seems to be related to the filesize of the attachment which is 1.3 meg.  I have tried cropping the image which also reduced the filesize and it sends just fine through the form.

Anyone else had problems with formmail and the filesize?

thanks

leighsww

Re: Application Error with FormMail.pl and a file upload
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 05:07:23 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, you must be referring to the TFMail script, NOT the  NMS FormMail script, because the latter is not configured to handle file uploads.

The one most versed with TFMail is Priest, but he's not always around, I'm afraid.

In the meantime, if no one else responds, you might want to do a Google search for possibly other forums who may have an answer for you. There aren't many people on this forum who use that TFMail script.

Offline pistol31

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 02:11:54 AM »
u r correct about the tfmail -- i had to rename the prog to make it work...

I'll try other forums...

thanks

Offline joesfdc

• Trekkie
    • http://www.sfbaseball.com
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 04:41:56 PM »
I've been experimenting a bit with TFmail and saw your post.  I don't know if this is the answer or not but one of the TFmail files (NMStreq.pm) has a parameter for the maximum size of posts which defaults to 1 mb :

=item C<CGIMaxPost>

The maximum total size of post data.  Defaults to 1000000
bytes.

Offline pistol31

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 08:34:25 PM »
it did have to do with the maxpost setting -- problem now fixed!

thanks!!