In order to install Zend Optimizer on a cPanel server please do the following:
1) Log into your server via SSH
2) Issue the following command :
3) Follow the on-screen instructions.
======================In order to install Zend Optimizer on a Non-cPanel server please do the following:
1) Download Zend Optimizer here
2) Upload the .tar.gz into your web server via SFTP (/home/temp).
3) Decompress the archive using the following command:
tar -zxvf filename_here.tar.gz
4) Now a new directory should appear. (eg: ZendOptimizer-2.5.7-linux-glibc21-i386) CD into that directory.
5) Execute the following command:
6) Follow the on-screen instructions.
7) Restart HTTPD (apache) with the following command:
service httpd restart