Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Deleting guestbook spam  (Read 2214 times)

acousticpiegal

Deleting guestbook spam
« on: February 02, 2005, 03:29:00 PM »
Hi!  I inherited a guestbook which is getting some hate/spam.  My old web master is incommunicado and I don't have the password for the easy web access method for deleting entries.  And I know nothing about CGI scripts!  Can anyone get me started on how to edit the files to manually delete the guestbook spam entries (Which file do I access?  What software do I use to edit the file? And, what file type do I use when I save the file?)  Clueless, eh?  Thanks for any help!  --Kelley

Offline RickJ

• Senior Moderator
  • Über Jedi
Deleting guestbook spam
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 06:53:32 AM »
Have you figuered this out yet?  I went through this once, but since then my site was hacked and the guestbook wiped out altogether, but I'll try to refresh my memory: What's the URL to the guestbook you're speaking of?
Trying to daydream, but my mind keeps wandering.

Offline TranzNDance

• Princess of Naboo
  • Berserker Poster
    • Thu Tu's Blog
Deleting guestbook spam
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 11:58:40 AM »
There are different guestbook scripts. It would be easier to get help if you specify which one you use. Also, scripts often have a link back to their home page on the bottom of every page. You can look at the forum support for the script.
:whip: :love: :whip: :love: :whip: :love:

acousticpiegal

All fixed - thanks!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 07:22:13 AM »
Thanks, Rick and Princess N.!  I did find someone to help me out with this but thanks so much for the replies - it's very thoughtful of you both.