To help assist staff, moderators, and general users for debugging or troubleshooting errors and other issues, I wanted to provide a list of helpful hints:
- Please always provide the exact error message received and your domain name (we need your domain name if you would like assistance here, since many members cannot troubleshoot at all without your domain name being given).
- Please do not replace your actual domain or user with domain.com or user or modify the error message, script, or details provided. #3 would overrule this step in the case of passwords
- Please do asterick out your password as you would not want a script with your password included.
- If your site is of a sensitive nature and you are worried about minors, please include a warning notice at the beginning of your post to warn users.
- Please provide a url to the error being received if applicable or details on your site to reproduce the issue.
- If you have a forum not working and this requires a user to register and login, please provide a default username and password you create for forum users to use for testing purposes so people would not need to individually create accounts to test the issue.
- If you are using the temporary url
where server.lunarpages.com is your server and ~username is your username) please provide that url and let us know you are using it for access, cloaking, coding or otherwise.
- If you have just changed your DNS nameservers or made any changes to your DNS entries, please state this and what was done. Propagation can take many hours to many days, and trying to troubleshoot an issue when the domain is not pointing here yet will be difficult to do.
- Please provide any and all other details that will help. You may wish to write up what you want to say before you actually post it, ensuring you use a helpful title (one that shows the actual issue will be more helpful than one with just Help Me in it).
- Please do not post multiple times in several forums but in the best forum for the question.
If you aren't sure where to place the posting or have other questions, please feel free to PM a moderator to ask (or PM me since I posted this topic).
I hope this helps.