Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Only enough css to be dangerous  (Read 7762 times)

Offline TranzNDance

• Princess of Naboo
  • Berserker Poster
    • Thu Tu's Blog
Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2004, 10:31:47 PM »
The black background gives the spheres better context than the transparent one. :) It looks like a planet in #2. #1 could be an atom with a very slow electron. :D
:whip: :love: :whip: :love: :whip: :love:

Offline GMTurner

• Berserker Poster
    • Turner's Lounge
Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2004, 10:38:09 PM »
I'd go with #2 because it makes puts everything into a defined space rather than floating on and blending into the rest of the page... plus it has stars :)
The above information may or may not reflect current policy, opinions, or views since it was likely made almost 10 years ago.

Offline ronmsf2

• Master Jedi
Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2004, 08:51:18 AM »
Quote from: deadly_risk
...but the text is a little harder to read.

That was one of my biggest concerns.  Not sure how to fix that, but I will play with it and see what I can do.

Quote from: Thu
#1 could be an atom with a very slow electron. :D

LOL... okay, I get the message  :thumb:

Quote from: GMTurner
I'd go with #2 because it makes puts everything into a defined space rather than floating on and blending into the rest of the page... plus it has stars :)

I didn't like the way the image looked like it was just thrown into the page when it had the black background, so I was tending toward the first one, but it seems unanimous that others prefer the second option, so I will work with the second one, and try adding a frame around it so hopefully it won't look so much like it was just thrown onto the page.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!   :thumb:

-Ron
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars" -Henry Van Dyke

"Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel." -Socrates

Danielle

Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2004, 07:11:23 PM »
I did want to impart my own opinion about the issue (in case it might be helpful in any way).

I think the image with the white background that you had there previously below the images you asked about was actually much easier to see.  You could make the planet another color and the stars & text black, then use white to see how that would look.  If you compare the one with the white background (I know it is an entirely different image and no longer there now :)), it was much much easier to read the text and see it.

leighsww

Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 07:19:10 PM »
DANI ... REMOVE THAT QUOTE AT ONCE!!!! [/b] :whip:  :whip:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ... hurry before he reads it!!!!!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Danielle

Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004, 07:21:26 PM »
Ok, I'll remove the quote.

Offline fo0hzy

• Intergalactic Superstar
Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2004, 07:27:02 PM »
Quote from: leighsww

Poor leigh...

:evil:
www.awfulpics.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

leighsww

Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 07:43:23 PM »
DANG you, fo0hzy!!! Now, I can't remove my post cuz you quoted me!!!!  :whip:  :whip:  :whip:  :cry:

Your vacancy is filling up quite fast, I might add!!!  :whip:  :whip:  :whip:

Offline fo0hzy

• Intergalactic Superstar
Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2004, 07:45:13 PM »
*giggle* :love:
www.awfulpics.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

Offline ronmsf2

• Master Jedi
Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 10:35:30 PM »
Quote from: Danielle
I did want to impart my own opinion about the issue (in case it might be helpful in any way).

I think the image with the white background that you had there previously below the images you asked about was actually much easier to see.

Thanks!  Unfortunately I was a little pressed for time.  The darn thing was due this evening, so I was working in a frenzy trying to get it finished.  I was slapping things together as fast as I could... which wasn't easy with the Flash since I had never used it before.  The written material is pretty weak, but at least it came together in something that "looks" like a complete project, and for never having used Flash before, I'm pretty happy with the animations.  I like your ideas though, and if I had more time, I would have played around with them.  Perhaps in a future update.

Thanks for the feedback...

-Ron
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars" -Henry Van Dyke

Offline ronmsf2

• Master Jedi
Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 10:39:50 PM »

What the heck are you doing?  Getting into trouble obviously...  :(

Quote from: Danielle
Ok, I'll remove the quote.

And what are you doing helping her?  Shame on you...   :whip:

DANG you, fo0hzy!!! Now, I can't remove my post cuz you quoted me!!!!  :whip:  :whip:  :whip:  :cry:

At least I have one friend around here... thanks fo0hzy  :thumb:

leighsww

Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2004, 12:28:23 PM »
Well, at least I will have the last laugh in knowing that you will NEVER know what I had wrote (whew!!)  :poke:  :D  :love:

Offline ronmsf2

• Master Jedi
Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2004, 12:33:50 PM »
Well, at least I will have the last laugh in knowing that you will NEVER know what I had wrote (whew!!)  :poke:  :D  :love:

Yeah, but remember one's imagination is usually worse than reality, and I can only imagine what you wrote.... shame on you leigh  :evil:

leighsww

Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2004, 12:57:30 PM »
Quote from: ronmsf2
Yeah, but remember one's imagination is usually worse than reality, and I can only imagine what you wrote.... shame on you leigh  :evil:

NO, NO, I was really being good, really I was. In fact, that's why I wanted Dani to remove what I had said, cuz I came to my senses  :poke:

Offline ronmsf2

• Master Jedi
Graphic 1 or Graphic 2?
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2004, 02:04:07 PM »

NO, NO, I was really being good, really I was. In fact, that's why I wanted Dani to remove what I had said, cuz I came to my senses  :poke:

Oh sure you were  :roll: