Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: School counseling website  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Pete

• Alien Anomaly
  • Senior Moderator
  • Professor in Nanotechnology
    • X-Visions Website Design
School website updated
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2004, 06:21:59 AM »
EOBeav,
You have the path to your avatar set as http://www.consultnw.org/public_html/beaver.jpg
public_html is in fact the default folder so isnt needed in the address( and wouldnt work) it should be http://www.consultnw.org/beaver.jpg  but I get a Forbidden from that.
a) have you uploaded an image
b) Do you have hotlink protection on that site?
If so you need to add lunarforums.com  to your allowed list for your avatar to work properly
x-visions.com

As I'm always saying.. (But nobody listens)
"Take a step back.. Take a deep breath and see if there a simple solution there, thats hiding" lol  :DLunarpages Web Hosting   Lunarpages Forums  Lunarpages Affiliate Program

Offline GMTurner

• Berserker Poster
    • Turner's Lounge
School website updated
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2004, 07:26:25 AM »
I like the new version better... mainly because it makes more effective use of the screen width and adjusts the content to the size of the browser window rather than the fixed width centered in the middle of the page...
The above information may or may not reflect current policy, opinions, or views since it was likely made almost 10 years ago.

Offline EOBeav

• LF Knothead of the year, 2005
  • Jedi
  • Gee, Wally, do you really think I can learn this php/MySQL stuff too?
    • Google Page
School website updated
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2004, 08:08:39 AM »
Thanks Pete, actually I was goofing around with that part of the control panel just before the avatar quit working!  the public_html path was my last attempt to find out what would work and what wouldn't.  I'll go back into control panel and fix things.  

GMTurner, thanks for your feedback, I agree with those reasons also.  I once saw the old website on a screen with really high resolution, and it looked really bad with so much free space on either side of the content.
If you can't design an attractive, standards-compliant website using nothing more than Notepad and a decent graphics editor, you need to rethink your approach to web design.

leighsww

School website updated
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2004, 10:49:27 AM »
I definitely like the NEW one, as well! The sun and tree adds a nice touch to the site to give it such a wonderfully happy, cheerful and sunshiny feel to it. Brightened up my day!  :thumb:  :yey:  :love:

Offline EOBeav

• LF Knothead of the year, 2005
  • Jedi
  • Gee, Wally, do you really think I can learn this php/MySQL stuff too?
    • Google Page
School website updated
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2004, 08:16:47 PM »
Quote from: leighsww
I definitely like the NEW one, as well! The sun and tree adds a nice touch to the site to give it such a wonderfully happy, cheerful and sunshiny feel to it. Brightened up my day!  :thumb:  :yey:  :love:

Thanks for the nice comments Leigh.  I'll take that as a compliment coming from somebody in Hawaii!  Right now it's foggy and cold outside.  Typical Christmas day for my neck of the woods.  

I had fun experimenting with background position values in the style sheet that were less than 0 or greater than 100.  I didn't even know that could be done before I had started this project.  That's the great thing about web development though.  There's always something new to learn in this business.  

Hope everybody had a great Christmas day!
If you can't design an attractive, standards-compliant website using nothing more than Notepad and a decent graphics editor, you need to rethink your approach to web design.