Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Take a look  (Read 1641 times)

Offline resullivan

• Spaceship Navigator
Take a look
« on: April 13, 2005, 07:54:04 AM »
How does this look?

www.usedmachines.biz

Offline GarveysIT

• Web Design SEO England UK
  • Berserker Poster
  • Web Design SEO England UK
    • Web Design | SEO | IT Support Stockton-on-Tees, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Durham
Take a look
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 08:08:48 AM »
it looks good, the flash is good, might wanna edit the footer of the page though.

Copyright [Year] [Your Company Name LTD]. All rights reserved

Offline resullivan

• Spaceship Navigator
Take a look
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 10:01:23 AM »
I am doing this for a company and have left it like that because they have not told me what they want to put.

stephan

Take a look
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 10:16:35 AM »
Does look good. I have to learn Flash sometime!

Offline Mr Boots

• Trekkie
Take a look
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 07:51:07 PM »
Very professional looking!   :thumb:

Offline cabruen

• Intergalactic Cowboy
Take a look
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 01:37:56 PM »
Looks nice.

Offline EOBeav

• LF Knothead of the year, 2005
  • Jedi
  • Gee, Wally, do you really think I can learn this php/MySQL stuff too?
    • Google Page
Take a look
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 08:14:40 AM »
Aesthetically, it's a very nice site.  The flash intro is great...and that's why I'm having such a problem with it.  It sounds like you're doing this job on spec for a company.  An intro page is just one more obstacle in between them and their customers.  As nice looking as it is, they may not want to risk turning away some visitors because the information they were looking for isn't right there when they go to that site.  That might be something you would want to explain to them.  In the end though, if they want the flash intro, your job is to make sure they have it.  So you're kind of caught between a rock and a hard place.  

You do have some validation issues with standards compliance, but they're mostly things like "alt" not specified, end tags not closed, etc... It would be nice to have them taken care of, but I don't think they will interfere with how the site runs.  

All in all though, this looks great.
If you can't design an attractive, standards-compliant website using nothing more than Notepad and a decent graphics editor, you need to rethink your approach to web design.