Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Good morning, good afternoon, and goodnight.  (Read 4335 times)

Offline :LJ:

• Spaceship Navigator
Good morning, good afternoon, and goodnight.
« on: September 11, 2004, 12:44:07 PM »
OK, so this is a little tardy. I've spent the last week trying to think of a witty introduction, so here goes :

Hi :)

I'm hosting for a friend at www.badkitty.org - however, if you want a look, bear in mind two things :

1) It's not the sort of thing most people would be interested in.

2) Two words, if you look at it from work : "Career Limiting" ;)

Besides, it's not finished yet. I'm kinda embarrassed at its current state ;)
"With an infinite wang, this and much more is possible." - Tycho, Penny Arcade (www.penny-arcade.com)

Offline p0tter

• Village Idiot
  • Quantum Encyclopedia Writer
    • My Pixel Addiction
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 12:46:21 PM »
Welcome to LunarPages  :thumb:
O|||||O

Offline Pete

• Alien Anomaly
  • Senior Moderator
  • Professor in Nanotechnology
    • X-Visions Website Design
Re: Good morning, good afternoon, and goodnight.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 01:23:54 PM »
Hi :LJ:, Pete waves.

W E L C O M E to the forums :yey:

and

W E L C O M E to LunarPages :thumb:

As for the introduction
Quote from: :LJ:
.Hi :)

Sounds fine to me  :wink:
x-visions.com

As I'm always saying.. (But nobody listens)
"Take a step back.. Take a deep breath and see if there a simple solution there, thats hiding" lol  :DLunarpages Web Hosting   Lunarpages Forums  Lunarpages Affiliate Program

leighsww

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 01:31:38 PM »
WELCOME!!!  :yey:

Hey, you have a menu item called "Off Topic", LOL!! Well, you sure fit in nicely then with the "Chat & Stuff" forum, cuz that's every Loonies' middle name, LOL  :o  :D

What is the website supposed to be about (actual cat-type animals, or an adult-oriented site)? What does "BadKitty" suppose to refer to? I'm guessing from your :wink: , it's more adult oriented, but I've been wrong before, LOL  :)

Have fun and enjoy the forums!  :thumb:  :love:

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 01:37:30 PM »
OK, at the risk of getting this thread deleted, it's adult-oriented. I fancied doing a Java-based CMS, and a friend of mine, MstrssBadKitty, wanted a site. It's not going to be visually explicit, but rather full of stories, experiences and other useful information for people in the...ahh...alternative lifestyle ;) "Off-Topic" may not make it into the final version of the site, but I put it there for non-D/s stuff like rants and general comments.

Any suggestions on layout and style would be appreciated - I'm a programmer, not a designer. I'm aiming for a more classy look and feel than most similar sites (which generally seem to be designed by ppl still living in the mid-90s). It's also my first attempt at a CSS based layout, so bear with me :)

Oh - hi Pete :)
"With an infinite wang, this and much more is possible." - Tycho, Penny Arcade (www.penny-arcade.com)

Offline Pete

• Alien Anomaly
  • Senior Moderator
  • Professor in Nanotechnology
    • X-Visions Website Design
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 01:47:16 PM »
:LJ:,
You might want to post those questions in the 'My websites and creations' section of the forum.
Dont worry about it being an 'adult' site, as long as its legal it will be ok to run that.
When its progressed further I will alter your above link to say it contains adult content if you haven't by then  :thumb:
x-visions.com

As I'm always saying.. (But nobody listens)
"Take a step back.. Take a deep breath and see if there a simple solution there, thats hiding" lol  :DLunarpages Web Hosting   Lunarpages Forums  Lunarpages Affiliate Program

leighsww

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 01:50:18 PM »
I would use rich, hot looking colors like Reds/Oranges with Black. Those colors would stimulate the mood for a site such as this.

Don't use Blues, cuz those are colors that suppose to instill calmness, tranquility, etc. You want to get people hot and bothered, so Reds/Oranges are the colors I would   use.

Here's a site with color palettes to help you with coordinating colors:

http://wellstyled.com/tools/

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2004, 03:31:27 PM »
Quote from: Pete
:LJ:,
You might want to post those questions in the 'My websites and creations' section of the forum.
Dont worry about it being an 'adult' site, as long as its legal it will be ok to run that.
When its progressed further I will alter your above link to say it contains adult content if you haven't by then  :thumb:

Thanks. I'm going to experiment with some different colour schemes then post a poll for people to look at different stylesheets.

I try to put words like "not work-safe" and "career-limiting" wherever I post the link - if someone's giving me help, I don't want to get them fired ;)

Offline dai

• nekkid me!
  • Jedi
Re: Good morning, good afternoon, and goodnight.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 04:32:22 PM »
Quote from: :LJ:
I've spent the last week trying to think of a witty introduction

...i assume you had a very busy week then?  :o

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 04:03:25 PM »
Busy *life* actually - but I'm back now :) The site's back up with a slightly different colour scheme and a different logo. Let me know what you think...I'm still not too impressed with it, but I'm a complete dunce when it comes to design, so go easy.

I even made it compliant with XHTML Transitional.....aren't I a good boy? ;)

Offline confused

• Über Jedi
  • Oh So Confused
    • http://www.lonephoto.com
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 04:40:06 PM »
Welcome hope you have fun here.

quidscribis

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2004, 05:09:00 PM »
Please edit your first post to indicate it's adult oriented to  save those who don't want to expose themselves to that sort of thing from going there. :D

Offline GarveysIT

• Web Design SEO England UK
  • Berserker Poster
  • Web Design SEO England UK
    • Web Design | SEO | IT Support Stockton-on-Tees, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Durham
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2004, 05:11:07 PM »
but i surfed it all and never foudn anythin to get me sacked :cry:

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2004, 05:43:19 PM »
Quote from: quidscribis
Please edit your first post to indicate it's adult oriented to  save those who don't want to expose themselves to that sort of thing from going there. :D

That's precisely what I meant by "career limiting".

Garvey - there's nothing on there *yet*, because the owner of the site doesn't have all the content finished yet. Also, I'm trying to get design and technical suggestions from people, and I don't want to offend their delicate sensibilities by having dirty stuff appear on their screens ;) But don't worry. If textual smut's your thing, then there should be stuff appearing in a few weeks.

Offline sharpandpointless

• Jabba the Hutt
    • http://www.gpathmedia.com
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2004, 08:48:05 PM »
The color generator is AWESOME!

And welcome to LF!!! =)
Have a wonderful day!
www.gpathmedia.com