Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: NMS help!  (Read 10726 times)

Offline parish2

• Spaceship Navigator
NMS help!
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2004, 02:39:59 PM »
OK - what server is blocking them? Lunarpages?

Offline Pete

• Alien Anomaly
  • Senior Moderator
  • Professor in Nanotechnology
    • X-Visions Website Design
NMS help!
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2004, 03:22:59 PM »
Hi parish2,

Can you try  turning off both your 'spam inspector' and your 'SBC' filters?
JUST incase they are doing someting 'odd'  :oops:
x-visions.com

As I'm always saying.. (But nobody listens)
"Take a step back.. Take a deep breath and see if there a simple solution there, thats hiding" lol  :DLunarpages Web Hosting   Lunarpages Forums  Lunarpages Affiliate Program

leighsww

NMS help!
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2004, 03:43:19 PM »
Okay, I switched back to your email in the script, so try it again after you do what Pete just mentioned.

Offline parish2

• Spaceship Navigator
NMS help!
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2004, 05:03:53 AM »
I disabled Smam Inspector and the SBC filter, tried the form, and it still doesn't work.     :?

Offline Pete

• Alien Anomaly
  • Senior Moderator
NMS help!
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2004, 05:09:03 AM »
Quote from: parish2
I disabled Smam Inspector and the SBC filter, tried the form, and it still doesn't work.     :?

Oh well. that blew my only suggestion away  :cry:
Ok. looks like its time to send in a support ticket to see if theres anything staff can see or do, as you and leighsww have covered all the bases.

I would suggest putting a link to this thread in the support ticket so they know what you have tried.

http://www.lunarforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=125528#125528 will link them to your first post ( page 1)
x-visions.com

"Take a step back.. Take a deep breath and see if there a simple solution there, thats hiding" lol  :DLunarpages Web Hosting   Lunarpages Forums  Lunarpages Affiliate Program

Offline parish2

• Spaceship Navigator
NMS help!
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2004, 05:25:46 AM »
OK, done.  Thanks for your help.  Leighsww, you are an angel, I really appreciate all the time you've spent trying to figure this out.  I will post the solution here if there is one.

Offline parish2

• Spaceship Navigator
NMS help!
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2004, 07:17:50 AM »
Well here's the response I got.  Not much help, frankly.

< The server does not block the NMS scripts, nor do we incorporate any bans for these particular scripts. TFMail and the NMS scripts should function without error. We do not provide support for these scripts from the helpdesk, however, I can tell you the following. You will need to ensure that you have the proper permissions on the cgi-bin/ and its files. In order for the form to process correctly you need to ensure permissions are set to 755.

< There is a tutorial for TFMail in the forums, here:
http://www.lunarforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12593

Maybe I need a web host that provides support for cgi scripts, if such a thing exists.

leighsww

NMS help!
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2004, 08:37:45 AM »
parish2, I had set the permissions correctly, so that would not be the problem. Like I said, the script with your exact form worked on my server, and you received the emails when I tested it there.

Okay, let's try a few things more. I am going to put another form on your server and see if it may be something with your form.  If my form on your server works and sends you the email, then we can try to narrow down what in the form may be not working with your server (a filter probably).

Don't give up just quite yet, because you will be paying more and getting less support elsewhere, thus I'd hate to see you leave with more frustrations to follow.

Offline parish2

• Spaceship Navigator
NMS help!
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2004, 08:50:04 AM »
OK.

Offline parish2

• Spaceship Navigator
NMS help!
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2004, 08:50:13 AM »
OK.

Offline parish2

• Spaceship Navigator
NMS help!
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2004, 08:50:17 AM »
OK.

Offline Pete

• Alien Anomaly
  • Senior Moderator
NMS help!
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2004, 09:35:14 AM »
parish2,
do you have hickups  :?
x-visions.com

leighsww

NMS help!
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2004, 10:09:24 AM »
Okay, I created a dummy form (just one field) and both the form and the script are residing on your server. Test this:

http://www.parishomeawayfromhome.com/temp.htm

You should receive an email back.

Let me know if you get it.

leighsww

NMS help!
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2004, 10:27:45 AM »
Okay, Jeff, I think we got it!

It was your form.  I had to remove the "OnClick" to the "thankyou.htm" and put it as a "hidden" field instead.  I tested it and you should receive an email.

You can test it yourself off your website.

Let me know if you get the emails back.

Offline parish2

• Spaceship Navigator
NMS help!
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »
:yey: Yes!  It worked!  You're amazing!  Thank you thank you thank you.  Let me know if you want me to write a testimonial for you.  And of course you get the special friends & family rate if you ever come to Paris!
- Jeffrey