Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Aboon Books opens shop  (Read 1293 times)

Offline AnneE

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
    • http://www.aboonbooks.com
Aboon Books opens shop
« on: July 21, 2004, 03:15:03 AM »
I'm a children's author who has become increasingly convinced that many good, marketable children's stories, including some of my own, are never going to make it into readers' hands because editorial assistants are buried in submissions. Hence many months ago, I began to research self-publishing children's books. I found that while quite a bit has been written about self-publishing, very little was written about the aspects of publishing that are unique to children's books. So I researched and wrote an ebook, Could You, Should You Self-Publish a Picture Book?  I established Aboon Books as my publishing firm and will use the website to sell the ebook and then the kids' books that I will begin publishing next year.

Please let me know if you see anything sloppy or amiss in the website.  And if you or anyone you know is a frustrated children's book author, tell them to stop by.  There is nothing like seizing control of one's own destiny!

Anne

katrina1

Aboon Books opens shop
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 04:23:23 AM »
I like the clean professional look of your site and loved the anecdote about the eagle. So true. Self-publishing can be a viable way to go. Best of luck to you.