Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: A CONTEST 4 ALL U PHOTOSHOP PEOPLE!!!!  (Read 8036 times)

Offline purepersian

• Galactic Royalty
    • http://www.borobiroon.com
A CONTEST 4 ALL U PHOTOSHOP PEOPLE!!!!
« on: June 12, 2004, 06:58:20 AM »
ok below are 2 pictures, who wants to help me put one pic into the other?

basically i want the person from the FIRST picture put into the 2nd pic in place of the guy thats been scribbled out
but its gotta look normal though, i mean realistic

whos up 4 helping? :D:D:D

Judge not, as you'll be judged first...

Borobiroon.com - Persian Community
Blue Water Media - Professional Webdesign

Offline TranzNDance

• Princess of Naboo
  • Berserker Poster
    • Thu Tu's Blog
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 07:58:30 AM »
hmmm... "freak" isn't a flattering word for some people, and if you seek their help you might not want to confirm their freakiness as a result of helping you. ;)
:whip: :love: :whip: :love: :whip: :love:

Offline purepersian

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 08:17:14 AM »
:yey:

leighsww

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 12:44:56 PM »
LOL, purepersian, calling it a "contest" is a little sneaky, my friend, and will not get people to do it once they read your post and see what you truely need it done for.

To be honest, it will probably be easier and faster for me to just do it for you, but it will hardly be of any real benefit or value to you in the long run if I do that (I've said this before ... "charity" is not always good, "empowerment" is much better), cuz then you'll not learn how to do it for yourself (which if in future you need to do it again, you will be dependent on someone else), so I will explain to you step-by-step how to do it in Photoshop.  

Unfortunately, I will have to get back to you a little later today when I can type out the instructions.  I need to get out some business stuff of my own right now, thus can't do it at this very moment, but I will be back to help you with teaching you this.

:thumb:

Offline patrickdepinguin

• Spaceship Navigator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 01:10:58 PM »
Quote from: leighsww
LOL, purepersian, calling it a "contest" is a little sneaky, my friend, and will not get people to do it once they read your post and see what you truely need it done for.

To be honest, it will probably be easier and faster for me to just do it for you, but it will hardly be of any real benefit or value to you in the long run if I do that (I've said this before ... "charity" is not always good, "empowerment" is much better), cuz then you'll not learn how to do it for yourself (which if in future you need to do it again, you will be dependent on someone else), so I will explain to you step-by-step how to do it in Photoshop.  

Unfortunately, I will have to get back to you a little later today when I can type out the instructions.  I need to get out some business stuff of my own right now, thus can't do it at this very moment, but I will be back to help you with teaching you this.

wow, what a guy/girl! :yey:

Danielle

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 01:12:28 PM »
Quote from: patrickdepinguin

Now, now, would a guy have that avatar?  :)

Offline TranzNDance

• Princess of Naboo
  • Berserker Poster
    • Thu Tu's Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 01:13:53 PM »
Quote from: patrickdepinguin
so I will explain to you step-by-step how to do it in Photoshop.  

I will be back to help you with teaching you this.

Hehe... I guess it's PC of you,  patrickdepinguin,not to assume leighsww's gender based on her avatar, but she's all woman. :)

leighsww

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 01:24:23 PM »
LOL, well it's a common mistake so don't worry about it, patrickdepinguin.  My moustache does confuse many, I must admit!  :D

Offline Pete

• Alien Anomaly
  • Senior Moderator
  • Professor in Nanotechnology
    • X-Visions Website Design
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 01:42:53 PM »
Quote from: TranzNDance

Hehe... I guess it's PC of you,  patrickdepinguin,not to assume leighsww's gender based on her avatar, but she's all woman. :)

AND WHAT A WOMAN  :evil:
x-visions.com

As I'm always saying.. (But nobody listens)
"Take a step back.. Take a deep breath and see if there a simple solution there, thats hiding" lol  :DLunarpages Web Hosting   Lunarpages Forums  Lunarpages Affiliate Program

Offline purepersian

• Galactic Royalty
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2004, 03:18:48 PM »

Wow thanks thats great, ye i guess you are right, maybe doing it myself would be more benefit to me, ill go mess with photoshop now untill you get back to me :)
i appreciate it, i owe u one ;)

Quote from: Danielle

Now, now, would a guy have that avatar?  :)

i could name a few guys that would have that avatar yes :)

leighsww

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2004, 03:40:02 PM »
purepersian, it's gonna take me about 1 more hour to finish what I'm doing, then I'll work on your tutorial, however, I wanted to let you know that the first thing you will need to do is "masking" of the photos.

So, you can be reading up on that part (in the help section of the Photoshop software) in the meantime.

Okay, I'll be back!

Offline p0tter

• Village Idiot
  • Quantum Encyclopedia Writer
    • My Pixel Addiction
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 04:04:38 PM »
I was going to help with this, but after the resizing. I realized the shadows didn't match up, and stopped.

I'm lazy.

Good luck, I can't wait to see what leighsww, has done
O|||||O

Offline scanman20

• Senior Moderator
  • Über Jedi
    • http://www.notonebit.com
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 06:18:57 PM »
This fooled me but then again I'm working on my third martini...  :sleep:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
NotOneBit.com
MCSE - MCSA - MCP (<- unused since 2006!)

Offline TranzNDance

• Princess of Naboo
  • Berserker Poster
    • Thu Tu's Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2004, 06:25:31 PM »
Wow, scanman20, that looks great! :thumb: (At least I think so; purepersian might have other ideas. :) )

That was smart to flip the image so purepersian isn't facing toward that man. purepersian's coloring doesn't match the rest of the scene but that wasn't your doing.

hint, hint, pp. ;) You should take an outdoor photo so the coloring will correspond.

leighsww

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2004, 06:48:09 PM »
Okay, here goes:

Masking image 1:

1) Click "Image", "Extract" from the menu
These are what I set my configs to:

Check mark "Smart Highlighting"

2) "Fill"

3) Click "Preview"
4) Use the "Cleanup Tool (C)" (5th icon) to remove edges
5) Use "Edge Touchup Tool" (6th icon) (to add make edges to make cleaner)
6) Click "OK" when done

Taking the image, resizing and importing into image 2:

1) Use the "Magic wand" and select the transparent background
2) Select "Inverse"
3) Feather 2 radius
4) Cut
5) Paste into image 2
6) Hold "Shift key" while dragging upper left corner to resize image
7) Double click to apply sizing

Adjust color correction of image 1 to match that of image 2's coloring.

Background image:

1) Double click the "background" layer and turn to Layer 0
2) Duplicate layer (just so you have a copy in case you need to redo)
3) Use the "Rubber Stamp" tool to fix behind image 1

Finished jpg:

I didn't take the time to make the edges as clean, smooth or the background perfect, as this is just an example so you get the gest.