For a more detailed instruction, please view the PDF version of this page. It contains screenshots to guide you as well. (Click to download: PDF / 750 KB / 7 pages
The default language is Deutsch. If you wish to provide your users with another language, also download the appropriate language packs.
- Unpack both zip files into a directory, resulting in 4images and language-pack_english (in my example, I'm using English.
- For language pack users, follow these steps. Those who don't use language packs, skip this step.
Going into the language pack directory, you'll find images_english and english directory.
Copy images_english into 4images\templates\default directory.
Copy english into 4images\lang directory.
- Upload the files onto your LunarPages account via FTP. You can leave the FTP open because we'll use it again later.
Go to where you uploaded the directory and open install.php in your browser. In my example, I uploaded 4images into the public_html. Thus, I visit http://domain.com/4images/install.php
- The install page will ask about the server type (leave at MySQL), hostname (enter "localhost" without quotes), database name, username, and password, and also the table prefix. Also enter your choice of the admin username and password, and repeat the password.
- Click the install button. A page saying installation was successful should come up.
- In the installation successful page, an error may come up saying it could not write "config.php". If you're on a suPHP server, this error may not come up, so you can skip this step.
Don't panic! Click the button there, which will download the file. Save into your local copy of 4images. Save it as "config.php".
Upload the config.php into your 4images directory on your LunarPages account.
- If you're on suPHP, you should skip this step.
In FTP, chmod the following directories as 777:
And chmod all files in these directories to 666:
- Now visit your 4images installation (http://domain.com/4images/), and login using your administrator username/password to make sure it works.
- If you installed a language pack, you can go to the control panel (link to the control panel is at the bottom of every page). In the control panel, go to EINSTELLUNGEN on the sidemenu. On the right frame, there should be a dropdown titled "Ordner der Sprachdateien wahlen". Choose your language from the dropdown. Scroll to the end of the page for a save button.[/list:o]
That's it! Again, please see the PDF for a complete guide! (Images are too large if I put them here.)[/url]