Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: HELP!!! Cache? Or the server just wouldn't update the data?  (Read 392 times)

Offline therealm

HELP!!! Cache? Or the server just wouldn't update the data?
« on: April 21, 2004, 07:09:06 AM »
I used Dreamweaver to design, but upload everything manually with the file manager. Then, copied them to public_html, but the browser just wouldn't show the updated version.  :(

I checked the html file in file manager again, and they are the updated ones!

One suggestion is to press ctrl+F5 to force server the update the data, but it doesn't work.

This makes my site ten times harder to live with, and everything has been delayed.

Now I got 2nd suggestion to deal with cache; I changed in Internet Option to 'check for updated version' every time you visit the site. Still doesn't work.

I thought I needed a webmaster. I thought I needed a new hosting, but now I think I need a savior to make my site working!

Help please?  :(

I got a suggestion from LP staff, but I'm posting here in hope that I might get an answer from a user who might have experienced the same thing.

I'm using IE and Netscape to view my site, btw, and a friend in another country even help looking. Sometimes what she saw was updated while mine wasn't but sometimes it was the same, unupdated thing.

I'll really appreciate a final solution once and for all!

Offline jdaniher

• Trekkie
    • http://www.spiritscents.com
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 08:20:38 AM »
It is shift and click the refresh button in the browser to refresh the cache.

If you post the url we might be able to better understand what you are going through.

Occassionally I have found the same problem when I have a customer on the line and am working on their site. Are you by chance using AOL?

Offline therealm

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 09:15:53 AM »
http://www.michaelgandolfirealm.com

I sent a PM about AIM. Please leave yours. I appreciate your intention to help.

Thank you :)