Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Spam Assassin and Spam Box  (Read 2345 times)

Offline AaronG

• Intergalactic Cowboy
    • slowlane.net
Spam Assassin and Spam Box
« on: March 08, 2004, 06:07:59 PM »
So am I right in understanding that if 'Spam Box' is enabled that the only way to check that 'spam' box is via IMAP? I have a couple of friend with email accounts through my domain and I they aren't very techno-savvy so I am not going to go into IMAP with them when they a happy enough with webmail/pop3 but what happens to this 'spam box' does it delete itsself after X days? or just get bigger and bigger..  I have only really start to play with IMAP

I was wondering what configuration you guys reccomend as the best. I get *alot* of spam on one of my accounts. I am however not willing to throw this account to the scrap heap.

Offline Ed

• Berserker Poster
    • Joke A Whenever
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 06:57:46 PM »
Webmail is IMAP :-)

Just tell them to go into the spam folder in their webmail and delete it all in there.

- Ed

stephan

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 11:11:26 PM »
It is possible to get at your "spambox" through POP3.

Just use the normal username, plus /spam on the end.

e.g.

mye-mailaddress@mywebsite.com/spam

with the usual password.

Offline sah62

• Space Explorer
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 05:02:14 AM »
Tagging along on this thread...

I just enabled SpamAssassin and Spam Box.  I don't see the spam folder using IMAP, though.  I've also tried using the various webmail tools and I don't see anything there, either.  My account is hosted on aaryn if that matters.  Should the spam box be visible immediately after turning things on, or does it take some time before it shows up?
Scott Hollenbeck

Offline jojooboo

• Jabba the Hutt
    • http://www.fflschedules.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 06:26:43 AM »
Quote from: sah62
Tagging along on this thread...

I just enabled SpamAssassin and Spam Box.  I don't see the spam folder using IMAP, though.  I've also tried using the various webmail tools and I don't see anything there, either.  My account is hosted on aaryn if that matters.  Should the spam box be visible immediately after turning things on, or does it take some time before it shows up?

It will not show up until the first piece of spam is routed there.  Then it will be there forever unless you delete it.