Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: I give up - Any offsite form recommendations?  (Read 1005 times)

Offline paskenell

• Intergalactic Superstar
    • Chris and David
I give up - Any offsite form recommendations?
« on: March 05, 2004, 07:51:58 AM »
Since moving to LunarPages from the other hosting company I have been very satisfied with the service I have received and the performance of the server overall. However, this constant problem with "insecure" forms is about to drive me away. TWebman was gracious enough to quietly fix mine when I first arrived, after I explained to him my total stupidity when it came to perl and cgi. Now, I log on each morning to find out no matter what strange name I re-name his script too, it is unacceptable and I now must use a program with instructions that might as well be written in Greek.

I give up! Can anyone recommend an offsite form processor who can use my form, their cgi or whatever, to forward me my form information? I can handle a little advertisement on the email if it's free, although I dont want my customers getting zapped.    

Thank you

Also - to LunarPages. You all are very helpful when contacted, but please understand there are those of us out here that don't undertand the perl language, no matter how hard we try. You can say it's a new day, but I don't have these problems on other servers I use. It is frustrating when I find my web site doen't work each morning because of changes you made to the cgi directory the night before. I must question the "customer service" angle here?

Danielle

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 07:59:17 AM »
Hi paskenell,

If you would still like to attempt to use TFmail, a script that is highly unlikely to cause you any security issues and is the one recommended here, simply contact me via PM and I will help you get it to work on your site.  I am offering this on my free time, however, not in my role as support staff.  I will not charge for the service, and if you really want advertising, simply provide a link to my site (you can choose either bestgarden.net or skewed3.com) on yours.

Thanks

Priest

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 08:33:31 AM »
heya paskanell, I'll volunteer my services to help you get the script running.  I've been helping quite a few get it going.  I'm usually lurking around here, just send me a pm and I'll be happy to help you out  :thumb:

Offline paskenell

• Intergalactic Superstar
    • Chris and David
Thanks for your help
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 06:06:37 AM »
Thanks to Danielle and Steve P for all their help in getting my form working. You have answered my earlier question of service with your helpful and "patient" assistance. Thanks a million!  :yey:

Danielle

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 08:20:26 AM »
paskenell,

I'm thrilled StevenP got it fully working for you now.  :thumb: