Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: How To: Set Up A Mailing List  (Read 12487 times)

Offline simontheak

• Intergalactic Cowboy
    • http://www.tanon.co.uk
How To: Set Up A Mailing List
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2004, 05:16:22 AM »
Have you guys found a script to add subscribers to a mailing list yet? If you haven't let me know because I don't mind sharing my script.

I'll even talk you through it if you like  :)

Offline RammsteinNicCage

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2004, 03:22:52 PM »
I followed steps 1-4.  After I clicked edit, this came up:

No such list newsletter_blahblah.com

There currently are no publicly-advertised Mailman mailing lists on blahblah.com.To visit the administrators configuration page for an unadvertised list, open a URL similar to this one, but with a '/' and the right list name appended. If you have the proper authority, you can also create a new mailing list.

General list information can be found at the mailing list overview page.

(Send questions and comments to blah@blahblah.com.)

What am I doing wrong?

Offline RWL

• Space Explorer
    • http://www.robin-williams.net
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2004, 04:20:21 PM »
I thought i went through all steps, but I must have missed something. When I tested the mailing list I receieved this message when I filled in my e-mail address and password:

***Your subscription request has been received, and will soon be acted upon. Depending on the configuration of this mailing list, your subscription request may have to be first confirmed by you via email, or approved by the list moderator. If confirmation is required, you will soon get a confirmation email which contains further instructions.***

I believe I did all the configuration, so what should I do now?

http://cerga.lunarpages.com/mailman/listinfo/robinwilliamsliveupdates_robin-williams.net

As soon as I know how this thing works, I'll edit this page to my own lay-out and needs...
Thanks in advance!

Offline andrewshanghai

• Space Explorer
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2004, 04:51:00 AM »
What was the final word on a subscription page?  Someone did one for me in ASP, but LP apparently doesn't support it.  I'd like users to be able to enter some basic info on a form and have it emailed back to me.  Sounds simple enough, but.... :?

Offline Aliendude

• Space Explorer
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 02:55:49 PM »
I am using Dada Mail. The installation goes just fine and I can create new mailing lists etc. Now in the config file I have also selected mail program as sendmail i.e. /usr/sbin/sendmail.

Now my problem is NO EMAILS I click on send test message to owner and the script goes through I get pop-up saying email has been sent. Yet when I check my email I get NOTHING.

I also have added two of my other email accounts to check the script and tried sending a news letter out with the same result .......... No Emails are sent to any of the accounts .........................

Help

Offline crookedroot

Simple form to subscribe to a list
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2004, 07:36:23 PM »
If this hasn't been answered yet, this may be helpful.  I just copied the HTML form from the mailman manager page.  Using the same form, and hiding all of the optional fields, you can create simple form to put on any page that only requires the email address.  Make sure you setup the list in the cPanel first and substitute your list and site where appropriate below.
<FORM Method=POST ACTION="http://somesite.com/mailman/subscribe/somelist_somesite.com">
Email: <INPUT type="Text" name="email" size="30" value="">
<input type=hidden name="digest" value="0" >
<INPUT type="Submit" name="email-button" value="Subscribe">
</form>

Now for a question about installing and using another mailing list program like Dada mail.  If we install Dada mail ourselves and create multiple mailing lists 3 or 4, are we violating any Lunarpages agreements and do we have to pay extra for each list?

Offline tfota

• Spacescooter Operator
    • http://www.fota.net
Re: "annouce-only" lists
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 10:35:10 AM »
Quote from: fhouse

2. When I send messages to my mailing list, the members receive messages from "listname-bounces@domain.com". I just want it to come from "listname@domain.com"

I also don't like the "listname-bounces" address.  Another mailing list that I adminned had the address "listname-owner" which is much more meaningful.

Can this be changed?

Offline rr2000

• Space Explorer
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2005, 07:37:56 AM »
Hi, can you tell me a simple announce-only type mailing list that can read email addrs from a .txt file. No, I'm not a spammer. I want to use registered emails in my phpbb userbase to send out announcements. Yes, phpbb has 'mass mail' but it doesn't work for me 'cause it doesn't 'stagger'!

Offline Matt2005

• Pong! (the videogame) Master
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2005, 12:33:58 PM »
Quote from: andrewshanghai
What was the final word on a subscription page?  Someone did one for me in ASP, but LP apparently doesn't support it.  I'd like users to be able to enter some basic info on a form and have it emailed back to me.  Sounds simple enough, but.... :?

I've installed a mailing list (Mailman) via cPanel - and its quite a confusing program - all I want is a simply database-type thing (although I have no mysql db's left..) that stores all the peoples' emails and whether they want an email sent to them in html or not, and their subscriber status. And a simple welcome page with fields 'email' and whether that person wants to subscribe or un-subscribe.

Also with the option of having an English UK/GB language!