Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Starter Linux Hosting  (Read 425 times)

Offline J33450

Starter Linux Hosting
« on: August 01, 2019, 02:41:17 AM »
Hi Everyone

I have thought about changing the hosting of my website because I am paying a bit too much at the moment.

I currently only have one wordpress website (<link removed -- Mod.>). I have looked at the offers from Lunarpages and am unsure if this would be something for me.

If I would get the Starter Linux package, would I always have the possibility to switch to a better package? If I would need that then.

As I have seen, I can only create one database with the Starter Package. I am still unsure if I want to make another website at a later time.

I would be very grateful if someone could give me a recommendation, because it is quite difficult for me to decide.

Many thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:38:47 AM by MrPhil »

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Starter Linux Hosting
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 04:47:56 AM »
You can certainly switch to another hosting plan at any time. LP has always permitted the unused balance of the old plan to be applied to the new plan, but I would check with sales just to be sure that's still the policy.

If you think you might soon outgrow the one database limit (or some other limit) on the Starter plan, consider beginning with the Basic plan. It's only a dollar more a month. Do be aware that "unlimited" resources still has limits -- your storage used has to be for the site only (e.g., no backing up your office PCs to your site), and you may hit the CPU usage limit at some point (and be asked to move up to a higher priced plan).

Email to sales@lunarpages.com if you have specific questions that aren't answered here or on the sales pages.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-