Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: increase Wordpress Memory Limit  (Read 215 times)

Offline BekaS

increase Wordpress Memory Limit
« on: February 13, 2019, 06:35:02 AM »
How? I receive this error when trying to use a theme:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 89 bytes) in /home/stofs2/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 288

Contacted theme designers and they said i need to increase memory limit and to contact host.

ASAP would be swell.

Thanks

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: increase Wordpress Memory Limit
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:10:15 AM »
See https://www.lunarpages.com/forums/index.php?topic=50589.msg341157#msg341157 for an example of setting a higher memory limit in php.ini. Note that since that was written, things may have changed and different syntax may be needed. If you are on a Windows server, something different may be needed. Open a support ticket if that doesn't work for you.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline BekaS

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 07:33:52 AM »
Thanks for your prompt response Mr. Phil! I did find that response from 2008 but thought by now things have evolved. I did look for a PHP.ini file on the server and couldn’t find it anywhere. Where would I find it if it still there?

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 09:40:19 AM »
If you never had a php.ini file on your server (you just used default PHP settings), you'll have to create a new one. They don't come with the server and ready for you to update. Your control panel (cPanel or LPCP) can create (and edit) a new one for you, or you can upload it from your PC (after creating it there).

Right now you're running with 32MB of memory. It's quite possible that you need a bit more, but if 64MB also runs out, that could indicate a serious code problem, unless Wordpress support advises you to use an even larger amount.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline BekaS

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 10:20:17 AM »
Thanks again. I actually found in the cp where to up the amount which i did to 256M..and now all seems to be well!!