Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Help saving my files  (Read 1325 times)

Offline mikestewartuk@gmail.com

Help saving my files
« on: February 07, 2019, 12:55:50 PM »
Hello ,

Mr stupid here ....

I have several sites hosted by lunarpages and would like to download the files ( webpages etc ) associated with them and on my shared server. The problem is i dont know how to do it ( hence the mr stupid moniker ) .

I have logged into my control panel and go to file manager and can see images of the file directories . If i click on a particular link it appears that i can download that particular file. Doing it that way will take ages to download all of them .

Can anyone tell me 1 . how to actually download my files correctly and 2. how can i download all of my files in one chunk as possibly one download and not individually ( takes ages) .

Can you help ?

Thank you

Michael 

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Help saving my files
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 03:42:22 PM »
One way is to use the "download" function in the control panel, but for hundreds or thousands of files, that gets real old real fast. Have you looked at installing an "FTP Client" on your PC? FileZilla is the 800 pound gorilla. Once you have FTP configured, you can download all your files in one operation -- fire it off and forget it.

P.S. it's not a good idea to give your email address as a public ID. The whole world will be spamming you now.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-