Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Can give me answer of "BASIC PLAN COSTS "  (Read 1233 times)

Offline meobeou

Can give me answer of "BASIC PLAN COSTS "
« on: January 10, 2019, 06:55:14 PM »
I'm not sure if things changed or not regarding cost of hosting and domain names, but I just wanted to put this out here to get some answers.

1- Right now, there is a special for $4.95 per month for a total of $59.40 for the first year, and a free domain name for the first year.  After that first year, you would pay the regular fee of $6.95 (this could be changed depending on specials) for a year plan PLUS the $9.95 domain name registration.  Is this correct?

2- I thought at one time, it was $6.95 per month for a year with free domain name for life.  Was this ever correct at one time?

3- So, if I get an addon domain, when my first year runs out, I will have to pay the monthly fee $4.95 ($59.40) plus $9.95 for my domain name, and another $9.95 for my add on domain?  A grand total of $79.30.  Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

Lee!

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Can give me answer of "BASIC PLAN COSTS "
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 04:53:47 AM »
1. I can't give you an official answer (email sales@lunarpages.com for that), but my understanding is that the Basic plan price is not a special -- it's $4.95 x 12 per year until further notice. Where did you see $6.95 per month listed? You are correct in that you pay for the domain name after the first year. My usual suggestion is to buy your domain name separately from your hosting -- that way a host can't retain ownership of the name and hold you hostage (force you to stay with them if you don't want to lose your domain). I think LP will allow you to take your domain name with you if you decide to leave, but I'd get that in writing. A domain registration fee of $9.95/year ain't bad, if you can freely move it to point to another host, or transfer it to another registrar.

2. I think there was a plan like that a few years ago. They change from time to time. I wouldn't get hung up on having to pay for the domain name registration -- $9.95 split over 12 months is like 80 cents a month.

3. Your math sounds correct. An "add-on" domain is just a regular domain name in the eyes of a registrar. BTW, LP doesn't do the domain name registration themselves. I think they still use TuCows to handle it.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-