Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Maru server slow  (Read 2484 times)

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Maru server slow
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 08:23:47 PM »
Don't know when they changed me over to XENA, been on MARU for years.
You should check (using a tool such as whois, or perhaps run <?php phpinfo(); ?>) to see if you really did get your server moved, or if you're still on MARU and they're confused about who you are.

That aside, I have now discovered a potential problem in cpanel (finally managed to get it to load) my settings.php and settings_bak file are both blank and I have no idea how to fix that remotely. I do have a recent back up taken from cpanel but it's running that slow I can't possibly import it just now
Are you running SMF? They have a huge flaw in the code where a database problem results in the Settings.php file being emptied out! You should either keep a backup copy handy (but safe), or change the file permissions (once restored) to Read-only (444).
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline johns1124

• Space Explorer
Re: Maru server slow
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 03:49:35 AM »
Was better for two days. Now starting to have issues with Virtual Memory again. If you go to
Cpanel and then look on CPU and Concurrent connections. If you click on that it will tell
you if your resources were limited. For some reason my Virtual and CPU has been limited
and throttled back over the last day. I guess they are saying that Phpbb takes too much
resources. I find this hard to believe.