Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Nothing funny to see here. Move along. Nothing funny here.  (Read 2143 times)

Offline robeo

• Spacescooter Operator
    • http://AbsoluteRobeo.com
Nothing funny to see here. Move along. Nothing funny here.
« on: January 01, 2004, 04:03:42 AM »
Since this is the place to tell folks about web sites, why, I thought I might take this opportunity to tell folks about a web site. Then I thought, "Nah, I don't think I will," but after sittin' a spell I changed my mind.

I was sitting in the bathroom reading the Readers Digest when I re-decided against posting anything about web sites in this here forum but later decided that my decision was based on the fact that I don't have a computer in the bathroom.

I come here to end my self-debate. Absolute Robeo, http://AbsoluteRobeo.com. There. I did it.

Do I click the submit button or not. Have I already done it and just forgotten? Maybe I clicked it in a previous life and am getting that life confused with this one. Perhaps I'll just click it now and find out. Perhaps not.

Danielle

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 07:40:13 AM »
Hi robeo,

I just did a short tour of your site, and I thought it was pretty funny (watched your 'Halvoline' movie, it's good on your hands).  So, regardless of the irreverency of your comments above, I think you made a good decision to post here.

The overall look of the site is good as well.  The combination of black and red isn't usually one I like, but similiar to another site I looked at yesterday, the red text is actually making it easier to read and the text size is great (not too small on larger resolutions). The only suggestion I would have is to actually have a home link on the top navigation (Subscribe, The Stories, etc.).  Although a person can click on the title to go back to the homepage, I am not sure this is an intuitive reaction for most people to do.

Great job  :thumb:

Offline obsydi2

• Galactic Royalty
    • http://www.obsydian.com
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 09:57:11 AM »
I was looking at the 360 images and noted that the train station is improperly synched with the reference map on the right. It's backwards. When the legend says I'm looking at the train station, I'm actually seeing the bush and vice versa.

- Virgil

Offline robeo

• Spacescooter Operator
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 10:22:21 AM »
Thanks for your comments Miraenda even though I wasn't really looking for suggestions or critique. I just wanted to let folks know ithat the site is there.  :)

Virgil, you're the grand prize winner for today! Seriously, I'm glad you caught that. It didn't used to be that way, honest. I don't know how it happened. The sun was in my eyes, the wind was blowing really hard, there were bees...

Offline obsydi2

• Galactic Royalty
    • http://www.obsydian.com
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 12:01:55 PM »
killer bees?

Offline sharpandpointless

• Jabba the Hutt
    • http://www.gpathmedia.com
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2004, 12:05:46 PM »
Ms Miraenda I think you might already know this but...
Bright colors on moniters, especially white, are more difficult to use as a background and read off of than dark colors.
This is because of the way that crts work, they shoot photons that hit either a screen with holes or a mesh of metallic wires, depending on if it it shadow mask or apeture grill.
So basically with an all black background the moniter doesn't shoot as bad-for-your-eye photons as it would with a white background, making it easier to read.
But the thing is that as a design factor people think white is a better color... as are bright colors...
like yahoo or google...
Well hopefully someone found that tidbit useful.
Have a wonderful day!
www.gpathmedia.com

leighsww

Re: Nothing funny to see here. Move along. Nothing funny her
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2004, 12:05:59 PM »
Quote from: robeo
I was sitting in the bathroom reading the Readers Digest when I re-decided against posting anything about web sites in this here forum but later decided that my decision was based on the fact that I don't have a computer in the bathroom.

Here's a solution ... replace your computer chair with a toilet seat, then you'll have the best of both worlds!

I liked your postcards, especially the "Which Was Eaten 1st" and "I've Fallen" ones.  Also, "Nutritional Facts" - very clever!  LOL  :)  on the The "Award" (or should I say, "non" award)!!

I don't think I quite made the "have to be at least this tall and yea high" criteria, but I wore elevator shoes while viewing your site.  Hope that qualifies me.

Okay, I know you didn't want feedback/critiques, but there you go, so live with it!  :poke:  :)   :thumb:

Offline robeo

• Spacescooter Operator
Whoa Now!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2004, 12:28:20 PM »
Hold on there leighsww! I never said I didn't want critiques, I merely said I wasn't looking for them. I'm always glad to look at any advice before I discard it.

I'll have you know that not only did I take your advice on replacing my computer chair with a toilet seat but I'm making plans to turn my entire house into a bathroom. At this very moment in time I'm writing from that very spot which is both toilet and seat. The flush handle is my new enter button. Thanks for the wonderful idea and I'm very glad you enjoy my site.  :)

As for what sharpandpointless said; ditto.

In response to obsydi2; yes and I forgot to mention that I was caught in a swarm of butterflies as well.

Until we speak again, we won't be talking.

Danielle

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2004, 12:29:52 PM »
Hey, I'm not looking for critiques either, but if it makes you feel any better, you can comment about how great my site is, too. ;)

leighsww

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2004, 12:37:33 PM »
LOL, Miraenda!!  Okay, go ask for that in your own thread!!  :whip:   :love:

leighsww

Re: Whoa Now!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2004, 12:43:49 PM »
Quote from: robeo
Hold on there leighsww! I never said I didn't want critiques, I merely said I wasn't looking for them. I'm always glad to look at any advice before I discard it.

I'll have you know that not only did I take your advice on replacing my computer chair with a toilet seat but I'm making plans to turn my entire house into a bathroom. At this very moment in time I'm writing from that very spot which is both toilet and seat. The flush handle is my new enter button. Thanks for the wonderful idea and I'm very glad you enjoy my site.  :)

LOL!!  Hey, please take a photo, we'd LOVE to see the end results of this redesigning project.

Hey, how about converting your toilet paper holder as your printer (*do they have ink compatible for toilet paper?)?

Say, join us in the CHAT and FUN forums (if you already haven't) because you sound like a lot of FUN!

Okay, we've spoken again, so I guess we're talking, but I'm ending now, so not talking again until spoken to.

Offline robeo

• Spacescooter Operator
I am suffering from to much fun.
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2004, 01:05:07 PM »
Hey Miraenda... this is my thread and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to. You would cry to if it happened to you.     :)

Thanks for the invitation to Chat & Fun, Leigh. I'll have to check it out. I'm all about chat & fun & fun & chat & chat & fun & fun & chat & chat & fun & fun & chat & chat & fun & fun & chat & chat & fun & fun & chat & chat & fun & fun & chat.

Did I menbtion that I like chat and fun too? I may not have menbtioned it but did I mention it? (Did I spell menbtion correctly?)

I don't know about the printer toilet paper thing but I'm converting my mirror into a monitor. I just bring up pictures of other people so it looks like I'm brushing someone else's teeth.

leighsww

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2004, 01:11:07 PM »
LOL! Oh, one thing I want to mention, however ... PLEEEEASE don't install a webcam.  I really don't need to see your expressions when you're reading Reader's Digest on the can!  :)

* edited - I hope you know that that song just gave away your age.  :love:

Offline robeo

• Spacescooter Operator
Well...
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2004, 02:56:21 PM »
...I don't always read Readers Digest but it does get used.    :)

Offline Hush

• Über Jedi
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2004, 05:40:26 AM »
Hehe, Sharp and Pointless, this doesn't effect Miraenda, she's got one of them new fandanged LCD screens  :D

Actually, I don't use my main PC to browse the web anymore, just my laptop.  For the same reason, the TFT on this makes things a lot clearer than my Sony Trinitron does for the web... everything else, give me the Trinitron  :love:
<- From the ashes will rise a phoenix ->

Lunarpages Web Hosting || Lunarpages Forums || Lunarpages Affiliate Program