Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Can anyone create my website?  (Read 202 times)

Offline Erinrookes

Can anyone create my website?
« on: November 19, 2018, 11:03:02 PM »
I want to start my own online business please suggest any senior developer?

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Can anyone create my website?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 08:24:06 AM »
Lunarpages offers site-building services (for a fee) -- look through their services on lunarpages.com. There also may be people on this board (Service and Trade) who can do the job. From what I've seen of people trying to contract out website work, you're generally better off if you can hire someone locally, where you can meet in person, face to face.

If you're a business person who doesn't know one end of site creation from the other, doesn't care to learn, and has money to burn, this may be viable. Just keep in mind that if you never learn how to feed and care for a site, you'll be stuck forever feeding nickels into the parking meter. Depending on your skill level and time available, it might be feasible to have someone else create the site for you, and teach you how to do basic maintenance on it. You'll still have to go back to someone else for any updates and changes (and pay for them), unless along the way you learn how to do it yourself.

Lunarpages also offers tools to help you design simple sites in a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) "visual" manner. These tend to be rather simple sites, and often can't handle eCommerce, if that's what you're looking for.  There are commercial tools such as Dreamweaver and Expression Web that do something similar. Specifically for eCommerce, there are many "shopping cart" applications you can install that require little or no programming. Look in the Softaculous section of your account control panel, as well as online. You follow the instructions to install and configure your store, and then you can start loading in products and selling.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-