Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Why are emails we send being silently deleted?  (Read 173 times)

Offline rvicker

• Spacescooter Operator
    • http://www.vicker.com
Why are emails we send being silently deleted?
« on: October 31, 2018, 01:43:04 PM »
For last two months we have been having customers tell us they never got emails we sent. One, to our lawyers, almost cost us thousands of dollars as it was confirmation for them to precede with a legal matter.

It turns out that Lunarpages is running ALL OUTGOING EMAILS through BARUWA and any that it tags as SPAM (even falsely) are silently deleted. The Lunarpages customer is NEVER NOTIFIED in any way that their email has not been delivered. The supervisor told us there is no access to these outbound servers.

We have opened a ticket and a supervisor will release the emails (after 2 or more days!) and "retrain" the filters to recognize them as legitimate.

How can this be stopped without paying Lunarpages an arm and a leg for private servers?
Roger Vicker, CCP

*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte *** www.vicker.com ***
Do not adjust your mind. The fault lies with reality.

Offline anchel2

Re: Why are emails we send being silently deleted?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 02:51:10 PM »
While I cannot say why they are silently being deleted, LP convinced me to purchase a dedicated plan in order to prevent problems such as this with email, and constant site crashes that cost me customers.

I have had a dedicated site for about 8 months and my problems with emails sent via my LP account are ongoing; it seems like half my time is sent submitting support tickets for email issues.

And last week my site crashed again for no apparent reason. A support ticket to LP fixed the problem but no one in support will tell me why it occurred.

I have been with LP for nearly 20 years. When my current subscription expires I would like to switch to another web host. Anyone have any recommendations?

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: Why are emails we send being silently deleted?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 05:26:57 AM »
Please do not discuss other hosting services here. The posts will be deleted and the author may be banned.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-