Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: PROBLEMS VISITING SITE  (Read 51 times)

Offline mocmeo1998

PROBLEMS VISITING SITE
« on: April 12, 2019, 06:47:14 PM »
I have a message board on Lunarpages server.  I have heard from several people saying they cannot access my site, mostly people in Holland and Belgium.  I also have one person (in the US) that can access the site from his work computer but cannot access it from his home computer.

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: PROBLEMS VISITING SITE
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 06:55:13 AM »
The first thing I'd do is look in your .htaccess file(s) to see if it's blocking IP addresses, particularly those in the Low Countries. Do these users have anything in common, such as a particular browser or other USER_AGENT that you're blocking? How about within your message board -- does it block on any criteria, such as IP address? Perhaps there was a run of suspicious activity from a certain geographic area, and the board automatically blocked it? Check its admin area to see if it has any of its own blocks. Finally, it's possible that Lunarpages itself spotted certain activity, decided it was suspicious, and instituted its own blocks. You would have to open a support ticket to get those block(s) cleared, and may need to know the IP addresses. Suspicious activity could include trying to sign on to an account many times in quick succession, such as forgetting a password and trying a bunch of them. These look like "Denial of Service" attacks to the host.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-