Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: Fireworks Blowout! - See Exciting Details Inside (no poll)  (Read 11639 times)

Offline psykik

• Jabba the Hutt
    • http://www.psyked-out.com
Fireworks Blowout! - See Exciting Details Inside (no poll)
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2003, 01:08:04 AM »
Quote from: leighsww
I hope your screen name doesn't actually mean what it says, otherwise I'd be really worried for Ed.  I'm going to be on the edge of my seat watching the next episode of National Geographic Explorer.

If we don't see Ed on this forum, we'll know why.  :cry:

lol, don't worry, I'm not that gifted... and I don't see death people  :D  :wink:

I don't know why but I looked at that picture and I thought, let's put a spider on that rock... but when that was done it still believed something was missing heehh

long live nat. geographic

leighsww

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2003, 01:23:46 AM »
Well, good job!  It looked pretty authentic.  

By the way, cool avatar.  Every time I look at it, sure gets my attention fixated on it and tends to put me in a hypnotic, very relaxed trance-like state.

:shock:  Yes, Master, we will do your bidding and put huge, ugly spiders on Ed's rock :shock:

Offline psykik

• Jabba the Hutt
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2003, 01:31:34 AM »
exaclty I feel hypnotic all day long when I'm behind my Pc  :D  :)

"there's a unknown force guiding me .... :roll: "
 :D  :D  :)

greets

Danielle

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2003, 01:46:03 AM »
Oh, I can just blame this unknown force on my taking moderator pics and turning them into flash or a photoshop challenge (um, I mean fireworks blowout).  I can't be held responsible myself. I like that one.  :D

psykik, you scoundrel, forcing me to do these things by hypnotism.  Here I was thinking of awarding you this month's best Fireworks pic and placing the pic on my site...I bet you were subliminally, unconsciously transmitting that idea as well through your avatar.  Heck, your avatar is probably even responsible for me posting so frequently, too.  :(

Offline psykik

• Jabba the Hutt
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2003, 01:54:53 AM »
Yes indeed!!!!

IT is the EYE !!!!! It sees everything  :D

he's scanning the forum trying to find his lost ring....

:roll: o boy o boy... seen too many lord of the rings stuff lately I think  :D

o and thanks for the proposition miraenda. I'm honored

Offline mark363

• Über Jedi
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2003, 11:36:48 AM »
Here's my feeble beginner attempt. It's amazing the things you can(NOT) do with Paint. Sadly, that's the only image editing program I can afford, being a kid.  :cry:

Danielle

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2003, 11:40:28 AM »
You did a good job mussavcom. I think it is funny (and, oh so true!).  :)

As for the image editing program, you can download the Macromedia Fireworks program for 30 days to try it out for free, then get really attached to it, and not be able to use it any more...Also, since you are a student, your parents could purchase the Educational version of Fireworks for $99, that is the student discount price.  Just visit www.macromedia.com to see.  That isn't too expensive in my opinion, but your parent might think it is.

leighsww

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2003, 12:09:14 PM »
Also, check out Ebay, because you can get older versions of software for a really good price.  Then you can always upgrade to a newer version in the future.

Offline mark363

• Über Jedi
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2003, 12:43:11 PM »

Danielle

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2003, 12:46:41 PM »
Well, it is pretty old, so I don't know. After that one comes Fireworks 4, Fireworks MX, then Fireworks MX 2004.  I would try to get at least Fireworks 4, if you can find one that cheap.  If not, then I guess anything is better than Paint.  :) (actually, I might even sell my MX copy to you if you'd like for a cheaper price, as in free, if you provide shipping and handling)

Note: I have both MX and MX 2004, so this is why I am willing to part with one.  I am not going to give poor mussavcom a pirated copy.

leighsww

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2003, 12:57:10 PM »
Wow, that's a good deal.  That version will be enough for you to start out with.

If you're not going to do the "Buy it now" and instead will be bidding on it, I recommend that you go to:

www.esnipe.com

read about it and if it will be useful to you, sign up and use that to get the best advantage on bidding.

leighsww

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2003, 01:02:54 PM »
Quote from: Miraenda
Well, it is pretty old, so I don't know. After that one comes Fireworks 4, Fireworks MX, then Fireworks MX 2004.  I would try to get at least Fireworks 4, if you can find one that cheap.  If not, then I guess anything is better than Paint.  :) (actually, I might even sell my MX copy to you if you'd like for a cheaper price, as in free, if you provide shipping and handling)

Posted my above before seeing Miraenda's.

Miraenda - for that price, my opinion is that it can do what he needs.  Since he was getting away with Paint, then this will certainly be a huge upgrade already to his photo rendering/editing needs.

If there isn't a newer version for a good price right now on Ebay, then he can always upgrade when he feels it is necessary.  Otherwise, no sense spending too much money for him right now.

However, if you're going to sell him your version, then he probably will get the best deal from you (since FREE is always the best deal out there).  :)

Offline mark363

• Über Jedi
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2003, 01:12:20 PM »
so is it worth getting Fireworks 3 for $30?

P.S. leigh-- My neighbor bought used cameras, took them apart, and sold the parts on eBay. Eventually he quit his job and made this one a full time job (usedcamerabuyer.com) and seems to be making enough money working from home (lucky butt). Anyway, before he did all this he gave me some money to design a simple template for his auctions since he was doing them in plain text, which isn't very effective. Anyway anyway, he told me of some of the tricks he used, I got interested in eBay, and now I know a whole lot about it. To end this rambling post... I've gotten pretty good at sniping manually.  :wink:

leighsww

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2003, 01:14:28 PM »
Quote from: mussavcom
I've gotten pretty good at sniping manually.  :wink:

Cool!  :thumb:

Danielle

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2003, 01:17:30 PM »
Well, I actually take a different view. Why not learn the newest technology if you can? I have 2 copies of Fireworks, and am more than willing to sell mine for the price of shipping and handling.  I think I can send the copy postage paid on delivery or something like that, although I've never done that before.

There is a price to this, though, you have to participate in my Fireworks Blowouts (or Mike's Photoshop Challenges, if he ever has any more of them).

Also, to me, it is more important you get a good copy and learn about it now so that someday you know a lot about the program and this will help you out.  You learn pretty fast, and I think it will be good experience for you.

If you do decide you would like the copy, simply PM me, and we can discuss it.

Addendum: Please note that I only have the one extra copy, so I will  not be able to start supplying people on the forum with free copies of software.  Just in case anyone got the idea that this might be the case.  :(

Also, the only reason I decided to offer my copy is b/c I just hate the thought of anyone buying an old copy (Fireworks 3 is so old) of a program.  The program has changed so much since Fireworks 3, and I'm not even sure Fireworks 3 will run properly on Windows XP. I guess I am just not economically-minded (likely why I don't ever have much money saved), but I would rather spend more money and get the best than something out of date.