Lunarpages Web Hosting Forum

Author Topic: All websites and server are down  (Read 7184 times)

Offline hnrms

• Space Explorer
All websites and server are down
« on: June 04, 2018, 01:36:50 PM »
Iíve been trying to contact LP via email for more than 10hrs regarding my account because all my sites are down. Can anyone please check my ticket 4480354? Itís really urgent. Thanks
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:55:33 PM by hnrms »

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
Re: All websites and server are down
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 02:16:38 PM »
Please be aware that support/admins don't regularly monitor this forum, and may not have seen your posting. If you got an acknowledgment back from opening your ticket (presumably you did, as you have a ticket number), they should be aware of the problem. I sent a PM to a couple of admins letting them know about your post and problem, in case they haven't seen your ticket.

If your sites are down, but you can get on your control panel, are you aware that LP is forcibly upgrading applications to the latest version? I understand that some sites have had problems from that action. Maybe that will give you a clue where to look on your end (I don't think they'll let you roll back to earlier versions, but maybe you can fix configuration problems or something).
Visit My Site

E-mail Me
-= From the ashes shall rise a sooty tern =-

Offline hnrms

• Space Explorer
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 02:23:25 PM »
Hi MrPhil,

Thanks for replying. The support ticket number I mentioned was regarding the conversation I had with Randy about my account, and now I'm having issues with it causing all the sites hosted on my account to be offline. I also replied to the ticket number I mentioned above, but still no reply from LP - which is very unusual as I normally receive quick response from LP (first reason why I signed up with LP more than 10 years ago)

I also sent a couple of email messages (sorry, this matter is really urgent as our site has been offline for more than 12 hours already) but have not receive any "new ticket numbers" - so does that mean they are not getting my new mail messages? Hopefully my reply for the ticket number I mentioned above went through.

I appreciate your help on informing some of your admins, hopefully they'll see it asap and solve the issue.

Offline hnrms

• Space Explorer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 04:23:51 PM »
Hi MrPhil,

My sites and server are down again, with ticket reference number 4499619; I was able to access my cpanel though to make the changes that was suggested previously on my ticket and to remove a domain add-on that caused the high resource usage but cpanel won't let me make any modifications on my account since it's suspended.

Can you please help me reach an admin to unsuspend my account and remove the domain i mentioned in my ticket so it'll resolve the issue on my account? My site's been down for more than 6 hours already.. :/

Will appreciate your help.

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 06:58:57 PM »
Sorry, I am only a forum moderator and have no connections on the support or admin side. Just remember to wait for a reply to your ticket, and not keep adding to it, or it will keep being pushed to the back of the queue. Good luck and I hope you get it fixed quickly.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me

Offline hnrms

• Space Explorer
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 08:45:31 PM »
Thanks for the reply.. but unfortunately no response yet on my ticket from the admin group regarding my sites :( why can't they just suspend the site/domain that causing the high resource usage instead of the whole account? the problematic domain is not even my primary domain. sighs.

Offline MrPhil

• Senior Moderator
  • Berserker Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 03:56:06 AM »
I don't know if they can measure load with fine-enough granularity to place the blame on a specific add-on or subdomain within an account. If they can, it would be a good thing to suggest (Review and Feedback board). They would need to have a consistent and fair way to disable activity in that add-on or subdomain without harming the main domain and other add-ons/subs, and without denying you access to work on it. Maybe at this time there's no simple way to do that, or they could rename your index.* files or something.
Visit My Site

E-mail Me