Website analytics: Piwik
What are website analytics?
Measuring, collecting and analyzing data from your website is called web analytics. Using this data, a website owner can get a better understanding of the needs of its user and optimize their site accordingly.
What is Piwik?
Piwik is a web analytics application that allows site owners to view and create reports from the data collected from their website visitors. Piwik is an open source alternative to Google Analytics, and runs on a PHP/MySQL server.
Some of Piwik's Features:
- Piwik is free to use.
- Powerful customizable analytics dashboards.
- Since Piwik is self-hosted, you own and control your data.
- No data limits.
- Track top keywords, search engine and website referrers, real time reports, campaign tracking and more.
- Track file downloads.
- Track cart abandonment.
- Mobile Apps for both iPhone and Android.
- Ability to track robot visits.
- Available API for you to use to create custom apps and plugins.
- and much more...
Installation of Piwik is simple! The easiest way to install Piwik is through the control panel on your Lunarpages web hosting account and Softaculous. You can also download the latest version from the Piwik.org website and install Piwik via FTP .