How Content Writing and Blogging Help Search Engine Optimization
Google Loves Fresh, Original Content
The easiest and most common way to get strong SEO content is through blogging. Since blogs are updated regularly, the content is ‘fresh’, which is one of the characteristics that Google looks for when ranking sites. Fresh content indicates your website is live and active. That’s why it is so important to maintain a blog; prove that the doors are open and the lights are on, and search engines will send more traffic your way. However, don’t just copy someone else’s material. Google will know its ‘duplicate content’ and might even penalize your website for it.
Most businesses worry about the commitment associated with having a company blog, but it’s not as high as you might think. Most people can write a short 300 word article on their business, industry or anything else that interests them in under an hour. However, if you do not have an hour a month to spare (or really don’t like writing), hiring a content writer is pretty inexpensive; especially if you find a part time writer, college student or intern.
Writing Fresh Content is Easy
Here are just a few ideas for posts:
- Share company news and industry updates, especially if you can make them relevant to customers’ interests.
- Post about current sales or promotions in addition to other marketing streams
- Write in-depth responses to frequently asked questions. Customers want to be educated. Help them.
- Share personality; interviews and profiles with employees (or customers) will stimulate trust and goodwill.
- Be sure to include your company’s keywords in the article and follow your on page SEO guideline.
As you can see it’s not hard to create original content for your blog. Your website is an investment property and leveraging SEO through strong content and blogging is just good business. Fresh content on a consistent monthly basis will go a long way to proving to Google, and other search engines (yes, people still use other search engines J) that you are vital and relevant to users’ needs.
Do you have a blog or copywriting service you would like to recommend?