Lunarpages Internet Solutions offers web hosting configurations from basic web hosting to more advanced hosting solutions such as private cloud hosting, complete IT infrastructure, disaster recovery and business continuity solutions. Lunarpages utilizes the most advanced virtualization technologies available today such as VMware and Citrix XenServer. Our data centers are modern secure facilities strategically located in San Diego and Irvine, California; Las Vegas, Nevada; Denver, Colorado; Chicago, Illinois; and Ashburn, Virginia. All of our data centers are SSAE 16 compliant and utilize the best in class internet connectivity exceeding PCI compliance requirements. Lunarpages specializes in fully managed Enterprise web hosting allowing our customers to focus on their core business. Lunarpages also employs the best DoS and DDoS mitigation appliances in production today to properly discern traffic quality and filter malicious activity. Lunarpages web hosting covers every possible need your business might encounter in a secure, scalable and reliable web hosting environment.
Position Summary Statement:
The Manager, Data Center Operations is responsible for maintaining the data center environment and ensuring all customer server environments are secure, operational, and highly available through continuous proactive monitoring, problem support, and scheduled maintenance preparation. The Data Center Operations Manager carries this out through continuous proactive performance feedback, assignment of responsibilities including projects and tasks and review of process compliance.
- Coordinate the ongoing activities of the Data Center Services team, inclusive of oversight for the related IT project portfolio as well as ongoing incident response management for supported systems.
- Assist in providing resolution to hardware technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
- Participate & implement the creation of technical service procedures, policies, and manuals. I.e. develop and execute SOPs.
- Review datacenter server hardware, software and maintenance to ensure contracts are up to date.
- Participate as a member of the IS Infrastructure & Operations management team in creating and maintaining the governance processes of the site's datacenter & infrastructure architecture.
- Oversee and coordinate lifecycle management for all onsite server and storage infrastructure architecture, business continuance and service restoration strategies.
- Ability to define/document operational standards, understand data center critical infrastructure, and understand server operating systems.
- Understanding of current data center best practices, design principals, Power systems, Rack Design, Thermodynamics, Fires Suppression, Cabling standards (copper and fiber) and Capacity Management.
- Knowledge of server and network architecture and associated components.
- Experience deploying hardware and services in data centers.
- Solid understanding of a 24 x 7 high-availability, mission-critical server infrastructure - MUST be able to articulate needs and plans to vendors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and grammatical skills as well as professional phone etiquette.
- Self-driven with the ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment with many deadlines and competing priorities.
- Proficient with productivity software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel Visio. Experience with DCIM software products a plus.
- 7 years demonstrated Data Center Management experience.
- 5 years' experience with ITIL standards as it relates to Change management & IT lifecycles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Industry recognized certifications including CompTIA, Microsoft, Redhat and/or Cisco.
- ITIL certified version 2 or higher.
We offer excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Sick, Vacation, and a 401K program.